Chapter 1 - Fate

"They say soulmate is a person with whom you have an immediate connection

the moment you meet. A connection so strong that you are drawn to them in a way you have never experienced before. As this connection develops over time, you experience a love so deep, strong and complex, it also brings a sense of peace, calmness, and happiness when you are around them."

"Huh, what a bulshit"

I closed the book and looked at the window as trees passed by, we've been driving for ages until I saw the sign of our new old location. Welcome to Westfield. Population: 30,754 habitants. Well 757 now. I've lived in New Jersey my whole life and Westfield was where my parents grew up but after they got married they moved to another city, now we're back. Although I find the action of moving exciting, establishing new social connections is a whole different thing. With my older brothers and sisters going to college or moving to another country my parents thought it'd be a good idea for me to attend the school they attended many years ago since it's in Westfield, well not technically it's almost an hour distance, so this is me, the newest student of Nevermore Academy. The first weeks were boring as it can be in a small town but I did made a friend at school, Charlie, she was a bit too much of bright colors and candies but I liked her. I also got to decorate my room, it was originally white, too bright for my taste so I painted it grey and decorated the bed corner with fairy lights, plants, some prints and dream catchers. On the other corner I put two bookshelves with all my books and at the opposite side was my study desk. Other than that it's been quite boring around here, I just hope something interesting happens in this town.

Raven is the younger daughter of Emily and Dante Crain, an important name in the society circle. She's different from her perfect siblings, she's a great balance of lightness and darkness, she's a rebel at heart and doesn't live by the strict rules the others around her follow blindly, no, she lives up to her own perception of the world, free from the society strings and standards. But she still have to attend social events with her parents, that's non negotiable, it's a last effort to secure her future in the high society, according to her own mother.

What Raven didn't know yet is that her life would take twists and turns and lead her to something she never imagined before but she was about to learn.

༒༒༒༒

Morticia Addams is the matriarch of the prestigious Addams family, a very rich, eccentric and powerful family, with a long-lasting legacy. Some think they're weird but they don't care at all, unfortunately Gomez Addams seems to be the weakest link of the clan and his affair caused a stir on their lives. Ultimately Morticia reached an agreement with the family and decided to end her marriage with him but she kept her status and authority among the Addamses.

After her divorce, that was a shock in the social circles, Morticia wanted to get back on her track and what a better way then throwing a party?

༒༒༒༒

"Do I really have to go?" I asked after I arrived from the academy and saw the dress that was put on my bed.

"Of course, I don't know why you even ask" My dear mother said fixing my father's tuxedo.

I rolled my eyes, I'd rather be in my room listening to music or practicing my fencing than going to another boring event.

I was rambling around the room of another fancy charity gala my parents dragged me into, they think it'll be good for me to widen my connections, and by that they mean meet some son of another influential family, as if I was interested. After my parents introduced me to many old friends they met I managed to escape a very boring conversation my parents had engaged with some duke or whatever, I looked around the room taking in any least interesting detail my eyes laid into, the many massive crystal chandeliers adorning the ceiling, the tall columns through all the length of the room, the flower arrangements leaving a sweet perfume in the air and the music playing distantly. Thankfully a waiter in a black penguin suit and white gloves passed by me with a silver tray full of champagne glasses, that would help ease the night, I know I shouldn't be drinking at seventeen but rules were never my strongest point, I took one glass while wandering around, scouting the great variety of faces, some familiar either I saw in one of those events or in a gossip magazine. My gaze stopped in a tall goth figure at the center of the room, she was quite the vision.