Prolouge

A/n: This sorry takes place after the events of Httyd 2 but before the events of Httyd 3
——————————————————————————————————————————————————————————

??? POV:

I snuck through the corridors, staying hidden as the men walked past me and continued their rounds down a hall, allowing me to slip by and enter the room I was looking for, I quietly walked through, careful with every step as not to step off a trap and making it to the pedestal with a chest on in 'Can it be...' I slowly reach off the chest and took it.  I attempted to open it, but it was shut tight 'Dang it! where can the-,' I was interrupted by foot steps approaching, making me quickly duck behind some crates with the chest and hold my breath as I continued trying to open it before shortly, the foot steps entered the room.

I feel silent, hearing as the foot steps then suddenly left and suddenly, the dragons started roaring, their sound alarming everyone on the base and causing the people to start running in all directions 'Just great!' I quickly leapt to my feet and tried to merge with the crowed, keeping the chest hidden within my cloak while trying to make it to the exit. I was getting closer and closer, but froze as I felt someone grab my shoulder "Lieutenant... Chief is calling a full lockdown with an announcement up front," he said as I slowly turned towards him "I'm... sorry General... I'll head over as soon as I-," "Now..." he tightened his grip on my shoulder.

I looked at the exit and back at him, giving a small nod "Okay... I guess I can see what he has to say..." I said while following him to the main quad, the mountains around us as I walked up the stairs along side General "Do you know what he has to say?" I asked, but he shook his head "Unfortunately not... probably something to do with the recent disappearance of the chest though," he explained. I nodded, tucking the chest further into my cloak "You wouldn't happen to know anything about that would you?" he asked, glaring at me "You, me, and Chief are the only people with access to that room..." he said "...Yes... perhaps someone swiped my keys, I'll be more careful," I lied.

We made it to the top, and there he was, staring at the crowd he called his army before turning towards us with his mask on securely "General, Lieutenant," he greeted, extending his hand which we both shook "Evening Chief," I said, lowering my head in respect "Let us started then," he said before turning back towards the crowd of people, clearing his voice a little. In a loud firm voice he started "People of Ræsir Island, it is with great disappointment that I must say our plans have been... delayed," the crowd to murmur "The Chest holding the final ingredient for our plan has suddenly vanished, the person at hand is unknown," he explained, making give a sigh or relief.

I continued listening, attempting to hear for any key detail that may help me "However, the one who took it clearly doesn't know what is needed to open such a chest, so our plans will be safely stored until then," he explained before suddenly clenching the balcony's edge "However... we already have a clear lead on the traitor that did take it..." he said, making my blood run cold. I tried to calm myself down, until he suddenly turned towards me, and the General was facing me with a disgusted look as Chief got closer and closer, attempting to reach into my cloak and making me flinch away in response.

I realized my mistake and looked at him in the eyes, his expression showing clearly despite his mask as I shivered "Guards! Seize him!" he yelled while pointing at me, making me quickly run down the stairs as the crowd of people erupted and pulled out their weapons to capture me, giving me more of a reason to run faster. As I ran, the sound of the people got louder, more angrier all before I finally made it to the docks and quickly boarded a small ship, lowering the sails, untying the harness and setting sail as I heard the sound of the men getting their own ships ready for the chase and getting my adrenaline pumping.