Moving on

Rays pov

It was 12 years ago today that me and my best friend Mia had lost our parents, loosing the two people who raised you and love you the most is the hardest thing anyone can go through, its the worst thing anyone could go through. I remember the night like it was yesterday although I was 5 , me, mia, my parents and her parents were driving home after spending the day in the park when a truck came out of no where hitting the car making it flip over the highway as I blacked out holding onto Mia scared for my life.

I woke up in the hospital lost and confused, I saw police and doctors surrounding me Mia was sat on the bed next to me in tears "my mommy and daddy are dead." She cried, my heart sank as I looked up to the police officers they then told me I had lost mine too, that was the worst night of my life.

But sitting here today I couldn't bring myself to go to their grave, to leave a flower, to tell them I love them, to even say the goodbye that I never got to say because in the end when you loose somebody. Every candle, every prayer wont make up for the fact that there is a hole in your life where that someone you cared about used to be.

Mias pov

I sat at my parents grave with tears rolling down my face wishing that they were here with me thinking about the life I could be living if they never got in the accident in the first place.

I thinking about life to be honest it's been 12 years since ray and I moved to LA, and being completely honest it probably the best thing that could've happened after the accident. A lot of people who have lost family struggle at new place but for me it was a new start at life. When me and ray started 2nd grade we were nervous as it was a new place, luckily for us we met our best friend madi.

Madi is the best person that exsists, she gets me through the day with a smile and is always there when you need her. Life was amazing, until 9th grade when madi told me and ray she was moving Boston. I hadn't felt the way I felt then since my parents died, it was like a piece of me broke away,for a second time,I couldn't think of a life without madi. She was our best friend. Our number one. I miss her so much. But that will all change tomorrow..

Rays pov

It was 5:30 am on April 6th, I woke up happy this morning I knew today was gonna be good I would be able to see one of my favourite people madi.

I went into Mias room shaking her awake "wake up wake up we need to leave soon" I laughed, She groaned but soon got up walking into the bathroom. I had already showered the night before so I just put my hair into a claw clip and got changed into something comfortable since we were only going to the airport.

I put on some slight makeup and made sure everything was in my bag

I put on some slight makeup and made sure everything was in my bag. I brought my suitcase down and sat on the couch waiting for Mia to be done "ARE YOU ALMOST READY." I shouted up to her "YEAH" she responded so I decided to call the Uber.

Finally we were at the airport it was now 6:50 am and our flight was at 7:30, we were sat in the waiting room eating and talking to kill time.

"You ready" I asked Mia
"Of course I mean I'm ready to leave this place behind start high school make new friends and see madi obviously" she laughed
"You think high school gonna be easy"I asked
"I hope so" she responded to which I just smiled "imma call madi" she then said

After Mia had called madi it was almost time to board out flight so we walked over to our gate which was number 7, I was SO SO SO excited i think Mia was aswell she had a huge smile across her face.

We had sat down in our seat and soon enough we were in the air I hadn't slept much the night before I spent the night thinking about my parents so I was tired and drifted off to sleep on mias shoulder.

Mias pov

"wake up wake up we need to leave soon" I heard as I was shook awake by ray,who seemed to already have gotten dressed. I climbed out of bed and stretched knowing it was finally the day I had been waiting for, for the last 5 months

I went into the bathroom and did some simple makeup before throwing on some joggers  and a top. Nothing to fancy as it was going to be a long day. I decided to keep my hair down today as it looked nice.

I finished off packing and made my way downstairs to ray, who had already called an uber

I finished off packing and made my way downstairs to ray, who had already called an uber. We ate and talked about life before calling madi

"Hey mads!"

"Hey Mia! What time do you land so I can be ready to get you from the airport"

"About 9:30am so we shouldn't be too long after the flight! Cant wait to see you!"

"Me to it's been a life time! Anyway I'll see u soon love u!"

"Love u to madi byee!"

Before I knew it we were off.