Curiosity killed the cat.

April 16th, 1997

The sun beamed down onto the plane as it touched down onto the tarmac. The plane was a private one, large enough to fit around 10 people in maximum. It was a sleek silverish white colour with the British flag on the vertical stabiliser at the back of the plane. Inside a young boy was looking out in awe at the buildings around him. The 6 year old in question had messy brown hair and amber eyes. Coming from a rather small village back in England the contrast between a miserable, raining day and the sunny bustling city of Tokyo was huge. Though the small town he had come from was full of large houses. Himself coming from one of the largest, due to both of his parents occupations. He'd always been fascinated by heights, the young boy. He'd sat by the plane window the whole 12 hour flight watching the small Earth beneath him. But as soon as the plane touched down he leapt out of his seat in excitement, earning a slight scolding from his mother. 

"Mark! You sit back down right this instant, young man," she quickly picked him back up before he could scamper off too far down the plane. Mark let out a groan of defiance and struggled for a bit before giving up, being placed rather reluctantly back in his seat.
"But mom-" he started, quietening down quickly as one of the flight attendants came to speak with them. Mark grumbled in his seat, mood slightly dampened.
"Mark, you can't be getting up when the plane lands. You know you could die easier than the rest of us. You don't have powers so you have to be careful." Mark turned his attention to his father, who was nose deep in a newspaper, while his mother discussed things with the flight attendant. As per usual he didn't even cast a glance Marks way and just continued to read whatever was in the paper. Mark never understood what was so interesting about the news anyway. Whenever he heard people talking about it it was just... bad. For what seemed like forever he waited on the plane, kicking his legs while he sat on the seat. His mother kept talking to the lady, and his father kept ignoring anyone who tried to speak to him.

Then after an exaggerated half an hour of waiting they were finally escorted off of the plane. The two bodyguards that usually followed Marks father were stood solemnly outside the plane, their expressions unreadable. Mark stared at them in confusion for a few moments before running down the ladder and up to them.

"Did you teleport? You weren't on the plane!" Mark looked up at the two. The bodyguards were twins- one male and one female. Though being twins they didn't even look slightly alike. The male had red dyed dreadlocks that were tied into a ponytail, and matching red eyes. He had tanned skin with freckles- his name was Eckles. The female was called Jenny. Or officer Mav. She was pale and always sharply dressed, not a crease in sight- her black hair tied into a tight ponytail and her blue eyes always alert.
"Yes, Mark, we did. See, we're magic y'know. We get teleported to wherever you guys are!" Eckles smiled and crouched down to Marks eye level. Mark gasped.
"How? Did you fly? Or did you just appear? That's so cool!" Mark clapped his hands, and Eckles straightened back up after a stern look from Mav.
"We just appeared! It's super cool." Eckles chuckled, then turned his attention back to the plane. Marks father walked down, clutching his briefcase and on a phone call. A clearly very important phone call, because as Marks mother went to go and speak with him he lifted a hand and swatted her away while the two bodyguards walking over to him and accompanying him to the airport building.

Mark and his mother followed a bit behind, so they could still talk. Mark held his mothers hand, looking around.

"Mom! Look at those buildings! They're huge! They're the hugest buildings I ever seen," Mark pointed with his free hand towards the large skyscrapers of Tokyo city. His mother looked down at him, then smiled softly.
"Yes Mark, they're massive. Do you remember where we are?" She asked, squeezing his hand. "..Japan?" he looked up at her.
"Yes! That's right. Do you know where in Japan?" she asked another question.
"..Uh..." the brown haired male scrunched his face up as he thought about the answer. "..Tokyo?" "Oh my lovely boy, that's right." She smiled. "You got it! We're in Tokyo. For the next week, isn't that cool?"
"The whole week? I thought it was just two days!" Mark looked at her.
"Well, me and your father decided that flying 12 hours here and back wouldn't be worth it for just two days. So we booked the hotel for the full week!" she picked him up and balanced him on her hip. Mark was smaller than other kids his age, so his mother still usually treated him like a 4 year old. He didn't mind too much- he was happy to have attention from at least one of his parents.
"That's so cool!" Mark excitedly clapped his hands.
"Hush, your fathers on a call remember?" his mother quickly whispered after an angry glare from the man up ahead. Mark quickly stopped, looking down at the ground.