Chapter 17 Botanical Gardens

I suppose that's enough staying in bed. I should try and get downstairs. It makes me uncomfortable bothering Daniel with all my problems.

Katherine made an attempt to get out of bed, still a bit dizzy. Seemed like her limbs were no longer under Katherine's control. Somehow she managed to put on her favourite soft woolen track suit to get some comfort. With her legs still giving way Katherine left the room.

- Katherine... Why did you... Hold on for a sec. - Daniel dashed upstairs to help her out. - Why did you leave the bed? You're still weak after last night.

- Sorry, it's just. I wanted to give you a hand in the kitchen. I've descended upon you so suddenly with a package of problems.

- There's nothing to worry about, trust me.

Holding Katherine by shoulders Daniel got her down the stairs carefully.

- There we go. Please, have a sit. - he pushed one of the chairs helping Katherine to sit down. - Are you comfortable?

- Yes. Thank you.

- I suppose some oatmeal and a cup of warm black tea will do you good after the fever.

- I think so. To be perfectly honest, I still can't get over the symptoms.

- It's fine. It might take you some time to get back to normal. Here. Enjoy your meal.

- Thank you. Aren't you going to have breakfast?

- I certainly am. A cup of strong coffee is something I cannot live without in the morning.

- You should probably reconsider your meal. 

- I'll make an exception and have some strawberry jam toast.

- I see you are not prone to eating porridges? - a smile written on Katherine's lips.

- I am, actually. Just not that often. How would you like your tea?

- No sugar, please.

- Got it. - Daniel passed Katherine a warm dark blue mug. The sensation made her calm down.

- Thank you.

- My pleasure. By the way. I have some news concerning last night's blackmail.

- That's great! What do we have?

- Although, the number appeared to be anonymous, seems the senders are the same people who broke into my office and ransacked your home. Sherlock managed to track them down.

- God! Who are they?

- Dirk and Axel Darksoul. Two brothers from the USA and have a rich crininal record. Blackmailing, robbery, kidnapping. The list is endless. They have been hired by various entreprises of dubious reputation, including organisations that are well known around the black market, selling ancient relics to private collections. I'm still trying to figure out who hired them this time.

- What about the bugs in your office?

- According to Sherlock they were purchased at the company called SpyTech. They supply different intelligence services globally.

- So, no trace of the customers, so far?

- Not yet. Their security system is pretty tricky, as their clients prefer to remain unknown, due to the nature of their work.

- I see. Well, at least, we know who tried to kidnap me.

- Yes, the only thing left for now is finding out who they are working for.