Night In (1)

Emmalynn really liked Kendell, the new woman who just recently moved into town.

Kendell was kind, gentle and caring. She was practically an angel, the way she smiled at everyone and made sure they were alright even when she didn't know them very well.

Emmalynn sighed, head resting between her hands as she thought more about the woman.

Kendell was quite the looker too.

Her beautiful long honey brown hair was always tied up in a ponytail to keep it out of her face and her hazel green eyes that were always so enchanting, Emmalynn sometimes found herself lost in them at times.

Emmalynn wasn't religious but praise the lord she met someone like Kendell.

Not only has her days been much better since Kendell showed up but now she had someone else in town who she could talk to on a personal level. Someone who understood, who didn’t mind listening to Emmalynn vent about work or life.

Someone like Kendell.

“Uh, hello?” A voice snapped Emmalynn out of her thoughts. “Are you going to be spaced out like that all day?” Emmalynn blinked before focusing all of her attention on the woman in front of her.

“Sorry.” Emmalynn sheepishly smiled. “What can I do for you?” She asked.

The woman smirked before answering. “Can I have my stuff put in two different plastic bags?” She questioned.

“Of course.” Emmalynn replied with a smile. “You're not going to add anything else, are you?”

“No, this all I need.” The woman responded.

Emmalynn nodded before sorting the woman's things into two different plastic bags.

The rest of the day went by pretty quickly after that and by the time that Emmalynn was already closing up the store, the whole neighborhood was dead quiet.

Coincidentally enough, Kendell happened to be driving through the shortcut towards her apartment building at that time.

“Emmalynn!” Kendell called out, stopping her car right in front of the store Emmalynn worked at. “Why haven't you gone home yet?” She asked, pulling down her car window.

Emmalynn waved her hand at her before replying. “I had a bunch more customers earlier so it took me a while before I could close up the store.” She explained.

“It's 10 PM, you shouldn't stay open late around this time.” Kendell commented. “You know what happens around this time in the neighborhood.” She added.

“Yeah, I know.” Emmalynn huffed. The neighborhood wasn't exactly safe to walk through at night.

“How about I give you a ride home? I'm sure your family will get worried if you don't return soon enough.” Kendell offered. “It'd much safer for you than walking back alone to your home at night.” She pointed out.

Emmalynn didn't even have to think twice about it before she would accept the woman's offer. “Thanks! You're really a lifesaver, Kendell.” She said.

“Anytime, Emmalynn.” Kendell responded with a soft smile.

Emmalynn entered Kendell's car and buckled herself in.

“I have some food and a few drinks there in the back you could try if you're hungry or thirsty.” Kendell mentioned as she started her vehicle.

Emmalynn hummed lightly in response. “Thanks, I haven't drank much since afternoon today.” She admitted.

“Don't thank me, it's nothing.” Kendell replied, glancing over at her passenger. “You matter to me after all.”

Emmalynn's cheeks instantly felt warm at those words.

“Let's get you home then, shall we?” Kendell spoke softly.

“Yeah.” Emmalynn replied. “Don't want to face my sister's wrath if I didn't get there sooner.” She chuckled. “She'll never let me hear the end of it.” She complained before she yawned.

Kendell chuckled lightly before responding. “Well, I'm sure your sister will understand if you explain everything when you get there.” She assured.

Emmalynn didn't know what would happen to her that night but she was sure nothing bad would ever happen.

She was with Kendell after all and Kendell was trustworthy than most.

She was safe with her.

..Right?