Teamwork

CHAPTER 24

---

"I've missed you so much Stiles, you have no idea." I tell him as he starts to lay down next to me on my bed. We had left school a bit early and had gone straight to my house, and immediately started talking. Though I noticed he seemed a bit tense and nervous the whole time we were talking and it started to make me a bit nervous as well.

"Are you sure about that?" He narrowed his eyes, looking at me like I had done a crime or something. I flinched, I wasn't sure what he was referring to, but I knew it had something to do with Void. It always did revolve around him.

"I know what happened between you and Void..." He whispered, sounding as if he were in pain. He swallowed, then looked away from me, not keeping eye contact.

I felt my heartbreak, it felt like someone was pressing themselves against my chest in pain. I had felt so bad, for everyone. Myself especially. I was so disappointed in myself with what I have done to the pack.

I watch his facial expressions, unsure of what to do or say to him to make the situation any better. I studied his face, seeing the massive purple bags under his eyes, and his eyes looks very heavy, his whole facial expressions and body language referred to as if he was carrying the weight of the world against his shoulders, and it worried me.

Void really destroyed him, and I see that now.

"Stiles... you have to understand--

"Y/n. You slept with someone who was keeping me imprisoned, and destroyed my life." He cut in, seeming a bit angry now. I winced, my eyes starting to cloud, I hated being yelled at. It just reminded me of my father, but I pushed all of those feelings to the side as best as I could, and focused all my attention on Stiles who is clearly broken, and is in need of comfort and a friend.

"I know, and I'm sorry but Stiles.--

I stopped talking.

I wasn't sure what I was going to say after that, so I just closed my mouth, staring at Stiles. He sighs, and turns to face me once again. I meet his gaze intensely, I knew that he knew what I was going to say. And if I was being honest, I knew the truth. I just kept running away from it.

But I'm tired of running.

"I think I love him, Stiles..."

I mumbled so quietly it almost came out as a whisper. I dont even see him flinch or have a flash of surprise spread through his body.

He just smiles weakly.

"I know."

That was all he said, and I didnt even question him. I used up most of my own energy asking that question myself as to why and how I can even love someone like that.

I begin to think about the pack, they wanted to kill me. My own friends, Scott Mccall, wants to fucking kill me and my sins die along with me. My eyes started to cloud once again, I felt my nose start to become a bit itchy, and I couldn't hold it in anymore. The last time I had broke down was because of my father, and I had no one to comfort me. No one.

But this time, I was about to fall apart, and I would hope Stiles would be there for my comfort. I needed comfort, it had been forever it felt like. To feel real comfort, the feeling of someone's arms wrapped around me, and the way they would cry along with me. I needed that.

"The pack wants to kill me Stiles, I dont know what to do." I cry quietly, and he lifts his arms up for a hug, and I immediately fall into his chest and crying. I felt like the whole world was depending on me to not let them down, but I couldn't do that.

I had fallen in love with the villain.

"Shhh..." He whispers as he's running his hands through my hair, resting his chin on top of my head then down to my shoulder. I wrapped my arms around his neck, crying quietly into his shoulders and collarbone.

I realize now, while Stiles is holding me, my feelings for him were completely gone. I wasn't in love with him anymore, I didn't want to kiss him, I didn't feel any of that towards him.

Right now, he was just a friend. A friend who is comforting me, a friend who is there for me, a friend who even though I haven't seen in years, I still have a connection towards.

At this moment, I didn't want Void for once. I just needed comfort. I needed Stiles. And I think everyone should have a Stiles in there life, through the amazing and the heartbreaking moments in their lives.

I had stopped crying, and I lift myself up and I meet his gaze once he pulled away. I smiled and I tilted my head downwards a bit as I admired how empathetic and caring he was.

"I want to help you y/n." He whispers to me, my eyebrows furrowed in confusion and surprise.

"In what way? What do you mean?" I asked in confusion, letting go of him and standing up and walking towards the mirror in my bedroom. I fixed my makeup a bit as I awaited for his reply.

"I hate what the pack wants to do to you, you shouldn't get punished for how you feel. No one should." He explained, his eyes shining a bit in pain and happiness. I knew he wasn't just talking about me in that moment.

I didn't say anything else after that, no one did for several moments. I smiled once I was finished with fixing my smudged makeup, and I walked over to him, which causes him to stand up and I hugged him tightly.

I feel his arms wrap around my lower back due to the height difference, and I wrapped my arms around his upper back. I lifted my head up from his his shoulder and whispered with tears of happiness.

"Thank you..."

-------------

Next chap will be better, I promise!!

˚ ˚