Sweater Weather

And all I am is a man
I want the world in my hands
I hate the beach
But I stand in California with my toes in the sand

Compared to her, I'm just a simple mortal man and she's a goddess. She's my whole world and I want her all to myself in the palm of my hands. As much as I hate the beach I stood beside her watching the California waves splash against our feet that are buried in the sand.

Use the sleeves of my sweater
Let's have an adventure
Head in the clouds but my gravity centered
Touch my neck and I'll touch yours
You in those little high waisted shorts,

I laced her fingers between mine, holding onto them forever while burying in the warmth of my sweater. One day we'll escape from here and have our own adventure. Every time I get lost in thought of her, she pulls me back down to earth and into her arms. I couldn't help but feel myself already becoming calm when she touches my neck for a soft kiss. I can't take my eyes away from those shorts she wear...

Oh, she knows what I think about
And what I think about
One love, two mouths
One love, one house
No shirt, no blouse
Just us, you find out
Nothing that I wouldn't wanna tell you about, no

She knows everything I need and want from her, she already knows the section of my brain belonging to her. We may only be one love but both of our mouths feel like a million lovers at once. I watch as she removes her blouse, no one will ever find out about us until it's too late. I would never know how to tell her about it, I could never imagine how she would react.

Cause it's too cold
For you here
And now, so let me hold
Both your hands in the holes of my sweater

It's growing colder now, I don't think I can hold onto her much longer. I watch as the wind carries her away from me, I keep trying ,but the sweater that was once our warmth has a hole in it. I can't keep out the coldness like I used to.

And if I may just take your breath away
I don't mind if there's not much to say
Sometimes the silence guides a mind
To move to a place so far away
The goosebumps start to raise
The minute that my left hand meets your waists

It was our final day together, I pulled her in by the waist and watched as her breath got caught in her throat. The silence that hung in the air was enough to say everything we couldn't out loud. I watched as she moved farther from me, regardless if she was 10 or 10,000 miles away I wouldn't forget how we stood together, watching our future pass us by.

And then I watch your face
Put my finger on your tongue 'cause you love to taste, yeah
These hearts adore, everyone the other beats hardest for
Inside this place is warm
Outside it starts to pour

I watch as her face twists into pleasure as I gracefully trace her mouth with my fingers. Watching other couples I knew they could never make my heart beat harder than she could. As I snap back to reality I'm reminded of the comforting warmth I have from the outside rain. I watch as the rain pounds against the exterior of our warm barrier.

Coming down
One love, two mouths
One love, one house
No shirt, no blouse
Just us, you find out
Nothing that I wouldn't wanna tell you about, no, no, no
'Cause it's too cold
For you here
And now, so let me hold
Both your hands in the holes of my sweater

The rain comes down as our lips brush against each other. Our bodies flow together as we disregard our shirts on the hardened floors. There were unsaid words between the both of us as the cold wind fills the empty space between the space where our hand used to be. My heart was too cold for her and resembled the sweater we used to wear together that's now filled with holes. She tries to put her hands into my sweater but got too cold to stay.

'Cause it's too cold
For you here
And now, so let me hold
Both your hands in the holes of my sweater

Whoa, whoa, whoa

Whoa, whoa, whoa
Whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa
Whoa, whoa
Whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa
Whoa, whoa

'Cause it's too cold
For you here
And now, so let me hold
Both your hands in the holes of my sweater

It's too cold
For you here
And now, let me hold
Both your hands in the holes of my sweater

And it's too cold, it's too cold
The holes of my sweater

The cold never got better, I tried to grab her hand despite the holes in my sweater, but all I could feel was her skin from the inside of our sweater. It was too cold for her to stay in our sweater full of holes and now the sweater is too big for me alone.