I Love You So

"Hey... Are you alright? You didn't come down for lunch today."

Your roommate knocked on your door, worry in his azure eyes present. The only response he received from you was pure humane silence, only the sound of a faint anguish filled song could be heard coming from your room.

"I'm coming in."

Gently opening your door, he was greeted with the sight of you soundly sleeping in front of your computer on your desk, pieces of damp tissue papers and traces of tears rolling down your face was evident.

He walked in and shut the door behind him gently, making sure not to wake you up. He then approached you and carefully lifted your sleeping form into his arms and laid you down on your bed before covering you with a blanket.

The boy looked at the screen of your computer, all he saw was the lyrics of a sad song that you were listening to. The same song that he heard playing from behind your door.

'I'm gonna pack my things and leave you behind.'

'This feeling's old and I know that I've made up my mind.'

'I hope you feel what I felt when you shattered my soul.'

'Cause you were cruel and I'm a fool.

'So, please let me go.'

What was this song about again...? Oh right. The melancholic melody combined with such heartbreaking lyrics reminded him so much of a heartbreak.

Examining your desk, he saw the numerous pieces of tear stained tissue papers and some more tear stains on where you laid your arms and head on your desk.

It was obvious that you were crying, had it happened to you?

As far as he could remember, you had left the house a few hours ago to hang out with a so-called 'lover' of your's. And when you came back, you looked like a mess. Puffy eyes, messy hair and and you looked exhausted.

You were usually really cheerful, and being sad was something rare for you. And you would usually join him for lunch and dinner, but today you didn't. And that, was how he knew something was off, leading to him having to show up on the doorsteps of your room.

Just by hearing that song playing from your computer, he knew what had happened.

Turning off the song and your computer, he prepared to leave. But a bold thought had crossed his mind at that moment. He turned to look at you, soundly sleeping on your bed.

After what had happened today, it left you hurting and exhausted, and he knew that. Even though you didn't ask for it, he knew how badly you needed some comfort, some consolation. Some... Reminders that everything is gonna be okay soon. And that the pain you're experiencing now is only temporary.

Although you may not have known this, but ever since you moved in and you two started living together, he slowly developed feelings for you. But he was afraid that you wouldn't like him back, resulting in him hiding his feelings from you.

So just imagine how he felt when he found out that you were taken, and had a lover. He was happy for you, yes. But deep down, he felt like he lost his chance to be your's.

Lifting up the blanket, he slowly climbed into bed with you. He scooted closer to you, wrapping his arms around your waist and pulling you close to him, allowing you to rest your head on his chest.

He felt sorry for what you've gone through. It was truly tough, he understands. But at the same time, he feels like this is a perfect time for him to take a step at winning your heart. He's determined this time, he was going to gain your love and affection to prevent you from getting your heart broken again.

Looking down at your sleeping form once more, he embraced you tighter and rested his chin on your head, keeping you warm. Whoever that broke your heart was a total jerk, they did not deserve you.

After all, he could treat you so much better.

🎉 You've finished reading ☁️ ;; 𝑰 𝑳𝒐𝒗𝒆 𝒀𝒐𝒖 𝑺𝒐 ;; - Tokito Muichiro 🎉