Lonely At Home

It was a typical Friday night for Fatin. With her parents out of town for a short outstation trip, she found herself alone at home. The clock struck midnight, and the house was bathed in an eerie silence. Fatin, however, was unfazed. She was engrossed in her favorite pastime - scrolling through TikTok videos on her phone.

The dim glow of her phone illuminated her room as she lay comfortably on her bed, headphones plugged in, and laughter escaping her lips as she watched funny videos. Time seemed to slip away as she mindlessly swiped through the endless stream of content. Little did she know that this seemingly ordinary night was about to take a spine-chilling turn.

As she scrolled, Fatin stumbled upon a video that caught her attention. It was a grainy, low-light recording of a dark hallway. The caption read, "What would you do if you heard footsteps behind you?" Intrigued by the ominous atmosphere, Fatin decided to watch it, dismissing it as just another spooky TikTok trend.

The video played, and as the person in the video walked down the hallway, the sound of echoing footsteps filled Fatin's ears through her headphones. Suddenly, the person in the video turned around, revealing a face shrouded in darkness. The screen went black, and a blood-curdling scream pierced through Fatin's headphones. She jumped, startled by the unexpected jump scare.

"Whoa, that was intense," Fatin muttered to herself, a nervous chuckle escaping her lips. She shook off the uneasy feeling and continued scrolling, determined not to let a silly video ruin her night. Little did she know, things were about to get much scarier.

As she delved deeper into the abyss of TikTok, Fatin started hearing strange noises around her. Creaks and whispers echoed through the empty house, sending shivers down her spine. She paused her video, removing her headphones and glancing around nervously. The darkness seemed to close in on her, and the once inviting silence became suffocating.

"Hello? Is anyone there?" Fatin called out, half expecting her parents to magically appear and reassure her. The only response she received was the eerie silence. She hesitated but decided to investigate the source of the mysterious sounds.

The house felt different at night – unfamiliar and unwelcoming. Fatin tiptoed through the hallway, clutching her phone like a lifeline. The only light guiding her way was the dim glow of the screen. Just as she was about to dismiss the noises as her imagination, a faint whisper reached her ears.

"Faaatin..."

Her name echoed through the hallway, sending a chill down her spine. Panic set in as she frantically searched for the source of the voice.

"Faaatin..."

The whispers grew louder, more insistent. Fatin's heart raced as she stumbled upon her parents' room. The door, slightly ajar, seemed to beckon her. With trembling hands, she pushed it open.

"Fatin..."

The voice now seemed to originate from within the room. Fatin's eyes widened in horror as she saw a shadowy figure standing in the corner. The room felt colder, and the atmosphere was thick with an otherworldly presence.

"Who are you?" Fatin stammered, her voice barely audible.

The figure remained silent, its form shifting in the darkness. Suddenly, it lunged towards her, and Fatin let out a piercing scream.

"NO!"

And then, as quickly as it began, the room fell silent. Fatin stood alone, panting, surrounded by the emptiness of her parents' room. The figure had vanished. Trembling, she stumbled back, exiting the room in a daze.

Fatin rushed back to her room, locked the door, and hid under her blanket, trying to make sense of the surreal encounter. The whispers lingered in her mind, haunting her thoughts. As she clutched her phone, she noticed a new TikTok notification. Trembling, she opened the app, half expecting to see another ominous video.

But it was just a friend's funny video, and the familiar laughter on the screen brought a momentary sense of relief. However, Fatin couldn't shake off the lingering unease. The night that started with innocent TikTok scrolling had left her with an unforgettable, chilling experience, a tale she would remember every time the clock struck midnight.