These Days (I May Regret What I Say, But Never How I Feel)

Title from: These Days by Quadeca. Click the arrow above for the moodboard!

11.3k words, 3rd Person from Yuta's POV

Relationships: Theres LEVELS to this. Mark/Yuta. Previous WinWin/Yuta and Onesided Yuta/Hansol. Friends with Benefits: Yuta/Taemin, Yuta/Xiaojun (and more but those are the two most important ones)

Summary: The day of the blow up, Yuta was actually happy, despite the clear, overwhelming, issues surrounding the gathering.

Everything had been steadily devolving into a problem. Yuta's promiscuity with men started in response to his two devastating heartbreaks. It was a well-kept company secret that he got around, which was not so well kept within the company itself, seeing as everyone in it knew about what he was getting up to.

So it was really no secret that he'd hooked up with Xiaojun prior to this event, only, apparently that was the straw that broke the camels back.

The gathering goes south incredibly quickly, and Yuta is left learning some information that was hidden from him, as well as with shattered ties to the rest of 127.

It was bitter, and angry, and everything about it was petty. Harsh words and cruel actions and the severing of a friend group that left Yuta confused as to if he even deserved to be cut off, or if he deserved Mark's love in the first place.

Warnings: Angst, Angst and Drama, Slut-Shaming, Gossiping, Casual Sex, One Night Stands, Nakamoto Yuta-centric, Friends With Benefits, Pining, Casual Sex, Pining, Isolation, Self-Destruction, Friends to Enemies, Reminiscing, Bottom Yuta, Top Taemin, Light BDSM (2 lines), Taemin and Yuta don't fuck for long but you have to see them post-coital, Ten is a Little Shit, Mark is a Dick, Yumark Drama, Not Beta Read, (Seemingly) Unrequited Love

Note: This story is inspired by tell all your friends by catholicschoolgirl on AO3. the timeline for when yuta was in japan irl and nct 2020 are completely fucked up but it shouldnt detract from the reading experience. + i am 95% sure i am the first person writing yuta/taemin because????? but they arent dating they're just fucking, i needed someone that wasnt in nct to give impartial advice and i love taemin soooooo

STORY BEGIN:

The day of the blowup honestly isn't too different from any other free day.

It is the whole of NCT, the entirety of the collective, together again, and they'd split off into their little groups after the filming to enjoy the little bit of free time they had during the busy season.

And Yuta's group decided to go drinking.

It was a relatively big group, actually.

Ten, Johnny, Mark, Taeyong, Doyoung, Sicheng, Jaehyun and Xiaojun all together.

It was a bit of an odd group, with mostly 127 members along with a few of WayV.

Ten made sense, considering that even though he'd never been in 127, he'd been close with Johnny and Yuta during their rookie days and also been in the 7th sense unit.

Sicheng, too, made sense, being a former 127 member. It wasn't set in stone; technically, he was on an indefinite hiatus from the group for WayV activities, but they all knew it was permanent.

So, it was really just Xiaojun who stood out. But he went because Yuta was going and also because Ten and Sicheng would be there, and he blended in well enough, even if they weren't technically the closest in NCT.

During the actual working day, Yuta spent a good bit of time with Xiaojun.

He actually, prior to their whole group events, hadn't even thought of Xiaojun.