000 - prologue

The world I was living in was a cold and merciless one and I perfectly fitted in.
I knew that I never had it easy.
From the day I was brought into this world, there were a lot of high expectations on me and my family.
Almost all of my relatives had always been somehow relevant in the music industry - classical, of course.
My father was a pianist who eventually guided a lot of well-known orchestras.
My mother was an opera singer who performed in countless sold-out arenas.
They lived, dreamed and breathed music. But it wasn't the music they loved that touched my heart and soul.
And so I always thought that and only that was the reason why my life had been miserable from the start.

I have always been pitying and focusing on only myself quiet a lot back then.
I thought that nobody had it harder than me.
Not my friends - if I ever had some, not my classmates, not my parents.
I thought I was the most pitiful person in the world until I met someone who showed me the significance of looking out for others too.
I found someone whose life was as miserable as mine.
Someone who, too, had to live as someone else in order to please his parents and for the first time, I rooted for someone else's happiness more than I did for my own.