A New Beginning

The dawn of the new morning had awakened the sleeping girl. Yawning and taking in her unfamiliar surroundings it took a moment to realize what she had gotten into. She looked around the vehicle she was on, it look like a bus from what she could see. Raising her head from the window, she had been resting against while asleep, she looked to her left where a lady with pulled-back jet black hair, a purple button up, and deep blue skirt was siting and looking down at a note book and every now and then jotted something on to it. The lady realized she was staring at her.

"Oh, good your wake." the lady spoke in a soft but even tone, "I'm Miss Pauling, I will be escorting you to your new place of work."

"Is that so?" The employee inquired, slightly muffled by the black mask covering her mouth, "How long have we been on the road exactly?" 

"since..." Miss Pauling pauses and looked at her watch, "Since 22:00 or 10pm and it's currently 6:30 in the morning"

'6:30...earliest I've been up' The girl thought as she stared out the window again. Whilst looking at the dawn slowly fade a voice rang out in her head, "A new day brings new opportunities" it was her father's, it's what he always said when she didn't want to get out of bed. The memory made her smile to herself, then sadness filled her heart Because she remembered why she had taken this job in the first place.

"How much longer till we get to where we're going?" she asked

"Only about an hour or two more" Miss Pauling stated, not taking her eyes away from the notebook.

The girl sighed and reached below the seat to find her bag, once found she opened up a side pocket and pulled out a phone with the earbuds still plugged in and wrapped around the phone itself. Grabbing each bud and placing them into the corresponding ear she opened her phone to her music app and began to listen to the road trip playlist her and her dad created years back, this brought a smile to her face that she wore, under her mask, until they had reached their destination. 

-------------------------------------------

Looking down at her phone the time read: 8:10, she sighed taking the earbuds out, wrapping them around the phone and putting it back in the bag  pocket it came from. As both of them began to exit the bus Miss Pauling started talking to the bus driver but the girl did not care for the conversation. Finally stepping off the bus the sight of a tree covered path confused her.

"Ready?" Miss Pauling asked

"Ye- Yeah...just...where, exactly are we going?" The girl asked

"The trees are meant to hide the building," Miss Pauling stated "It's about a 20 to 30 minute walk through the trees."

'great' the girl gritted her teeth and clenched a fist around the singular strap of the bag hanging from her shoulder. They walked in silence for a while, the girl taking in her surroundings.

"So, what exactly is my job," The girl spoke breaking the silence, "Or well my job title?" 

"Well you'll learn what we do when we get to the base," Miss Pauling responded "As for your title you're The Assassin, the tenth class." 

"Tenth?" The Assassin blurted out, "Who else will I work with?"

"Well the ten guys you wi-"

"GUYS?!?!" The Assassin interrupted "So I'm the only girl?"

"Well... there is pyro who has not stated what gender they are and they act somewhat childish, but I believe you all will work well together."

Silence fell as The Assassin sighed, almost defeated, 'A new day brings new opportunities' she said to herself hoping to raise her spirts.