Chapter 18 - Felicia's parents

Colin

It took another four days along with three long rests until we finally say the mountains of Sierra Forest. 

With cloud cover lost Felicia flew low to avoid any air detection. So the mountains towered above us. I grew ever more nervous about meeting the dragons Felicia calls mom and dad. I do however grow curious as to how tall they were. But I don't think there's a true limit with their shifting. I think... Normal size is what I wonder anyways.

Defiantly towering over me at least. And no doubt Felicia senses my unease.

"I've already explained it to you Colin," She reassures, "No harm shall come to you."

I just stay silent. Felicia suddenly banks right. Descending upon the closest mountain with a somewhat flat surface. She lowers her body so I can slide off. Hitting the ground with a light thud I hear her say my name.

"You need to just... take a breath," Felicia says in a soothing voice, "Trust in me. That's all I ask."

I look into her eyes. They are filled with a gentle calmness. Seeing she's trying her best I just sign and nod my head. A small smile forms on my lips.

"There you go," She says with a bright face. She suddenly pushes herself onto her hind legs and opens her front arms (legs?) with a massive grin, "C'mere buddy."

I instantly know what was happening and with wide eyes I barley stuttered a, "Whoa hey, hey, hey." 

I was quickly enveloped in red scales. I never got to feel how strong a dragon's muscles were. Well no one really does. But I sure felt it now. It's like being bear hugged by a bodybuilder. Through my grunts she lightens her absolute bear-- dragon hug on my cracking body. I did feel a good pop in my back.

She quickly let go with wide eyes, "Colin you ok?"

I knew what she meant, "Yea you just popped it"

Felicia sighs with some relief.

I see delay opportunity, "I find it really annoying trying to pop my back. And when I do it's never that good."

"And why are you saying this?"

"You should be a chiropractor," I say with a laugh.

She frowns, "Are you stalling?"

I jump to attention perhaps I can pull off another minute or two, "Me, stalling? Impossible I can give you a lecture why I can't though. I'll make it fa-"

I don't even get to finish before my world spins and I find myself on Felicia's back.

"Give me a warning next time," I joke.

I assumed she gave me the eye roll judging by how her chuckle sounded.

"You'll be fine Colin," Felicia says before taking off.

(Will he though?)

(Not sure)

(...)

Felicia

Now that my nervous friend is mostly calmed down it should be easier for introductions. My parent's cave should be a few minutes away. If I remember.

"One easy step you should follow Colin," I suddenly say, "Is don't make them made."

Judging my his tone he knew this was obvious, "Well no surprise on that I'm sure they can squash me like potatoes."