Chapter 12 ~ Donuts

Words:1200+

Words:1200+

__________________________

Siddharth's POV___

After Abhay left for Germany, I called Nishat, my personal assistant. He picked up in one go.

"Yes, sir?" he asked.

"I will be late for today, manage the meeting," I instructed before ending the call.

I was heading to Raha's place to pick her up. Enough is enough with her and Abhay. She is my wife, and she should be aware of that. She should be with me, not left alone at Abhay's place. I'm going to take her with me; she will live with me.

_______________

Siddharth sat in his car, parked near Raha's apartment building, the anticipation of her arrival increasing with every passing minute. The sun was slowly setting, casting a warm glow on the surroundings. Siddharth couldn't help but reflect on the recent events - the turmoil, the clashes with Abhay, and the inexplicable connection he felt with Raha.

As he gazed out of the car window, he wondered about Abhay's sudden departure to Germany. A subtle smirk played on Siddharth's lips as he realized that Abhay might believe he could hide Raha away from him. Little did Abhay know, Siddharth was determined to find her, to bring her back into his life.

Meanwhile, in the college, Raha was engrossed in her classes, unaware of the plans unfolding outside her world. She diligently took notes, trying to focus on her studies and temporarily forget the chaotic events of the past few days. Abhay's sudden departure left her with unanswered questions, but there was no one to provide the explanations she sought.

Back at the apartment, Siddharth's patience was wearing thin. He glanced at his watch, the ticking sound echoing his restlessness. Just as he was about to give in to the urge to call her, he spotted Raha approaching from a distance. She looked weary, burdened by the weight of the recent events.

he refrained from calling her, aware of her reluctance to receive calls from him. Choosing to wait patiently, he hoped to see her when she returned.

As Raha arrived at her apartment in the late evening, exhaustion clung to her like a shadow. A hectic day filled with back-to-back classes and overtime at the cafe left her drained. The weariness etched across her face revealed the toll the day had taken.

With hunger gnawing at her, she contemplated cooking, but the thought seemed too daunting. Laziness prevailed, convincing her that it was a waste of time. Instead, she opted for a simpler solution - donuts. Their sweetness and simplicity appealed to her, offering a quick and satisfying fix for her tiny, tired tummy.

And knowing they weren't available in her apartment, she made a pitstop at a nearby shop to purchase them. The sweet aroma of the donuts accompanied her as she entered her apartment, providing a momentary respite from the day's challenges.