Chapter 13 ~ His little gesture

🖤

Words:-1300+

Words:-1300+

_____________________

Siddharth laughed heartily at Raha's cute act, but it unintentionally brought tears to her eyes. Realizing this, Siddharth immediately stopped laughing.

"Okay, I won't laugh anymore. Stop crying," Siddharth said gently, wiping away her tears with his palm. The touch of her soft skin against his hand made him pause for a moment.

"Let's go," Siddharth said as he held Raha's hand, guiding her to the car. He made her sit in the front seat next to him, and with that, he started driving. The weather was cold, and Raha began shivering.

Siddharth, focused on the road, didn't notice her discomfort. Clutching her body to ward off the cold, Raha sat silently beside him.

While Siddharth was solely focused on his driving, he couldn't afford any risks with her life due to his mediocre driving skills. In that moment, he wasn't just driving; he was carrying his life with him.

After some time, Siddharth glanced at Raha and noticed that she was shivering, yet deeply asleep. He promptly stopped the car in the middle of the road, bewildered at how she could sleep so soundly. "Idiot girl," he muttered while looking at her. He took off his jacket and placed it over her, then got out of the car and closed the window. Siddharth refrained from closing the window from inside, fearing that his proximity might wake her up.

Later, he got back into the car, ensuring to drive slowly as Raha was sleeping inside. Siddharth drove at an unusually slow pace, a departure from his usual driving style. After 35 minutes, they arrived at Siddharth's apartment.

Siddharth stopped and parked his car in his apartment parking. He glanced at Raha, deeply asleep. "Raha," he called her name, but she remained undisturbed, lost in her dreams. Realizing she wouldn't wake up easily, and perhaps hesitating to disturb her peaceful slumber, Siddharth decided against waking her. He got out of the car, opened the door from Raha's side, and gently lifted her in his arms. She felt lighter than any feather, almost fragile in his grasp.

He walked into his mansion, carrying Raha in his arms. Instead of placing her in the room where Raha had been staying since their marriage, he carefully laid her on his bed. Siddharth covered her entire body with a soft duvet. Afterward, he changed into his night clothes and retreated to his study room. Knowing that if Raha woke up in the middle of the night and found him there, she might panic, he chose not to sleep in his usual room.

In Siddharth's study room, he reclined on the sofa, immersed in thoughts of her-her face, her smile. Unbeknownst to him, sleep overcame him, and he drifted into dreams filled with her presence.

In the morning, Raha awoke gradually. As her eyes fluttered open, she rubbed them, only to be met with shock when she realized she was in Siddharth's room, lying on his bed. The memories of the night before rushed back, the uncertainty of how she ended up in his room lingering.