Chapter 1: Pilot

Notes:

A simple fanfiction of Batman being involved with The Amazing Digital Circus. And I know that how the 'rules' or 'laws' in the TADC work, involving new people being entered will forget their name and have a different look - as well as no exit (at least, none being known).

But instead of racking my brain to justify why Batman can remember his name and why he still has his batsuit in this digital world, I'm just going to use the same overused joke that everyone in DC knows: BECAUSE HE'S BATMAN!

There, you happy?

Anyway, this specific Batman is from the Arkham games - post Arkham City, which is going to be somewhat important for Batman as it would explain his mood. I would explain why, but it contains a huge spoiler for Batman Arkham City - and I wouldn't want to spoil it for those who would rather see it themselves. So I'm going to keep it as vague as I could, so that only those who played/seen the game will understand. 

Also, just need to say this now, Arkham Origins is canon to the other three games - the devs themselves confirmed it the moment Arkham Knight dropped. So you haters have to admit you don't deem it canon because of your nostalgic glasses.

Sorry, I needed to get that off my chest. 

Also, a quote that you should keep in mind while reading this story is (this is a heavily modified and put into my words since I can't find the original quote), "if you can't imagine Batman comforting a scared and confused child, then that's not Batman you're thinking of. That's the Punisher wearing a silly hat."

While that won't be present in the first chapter, but it will be present later on (if this story actually continues beyond the pilot).

3rd Person P.O.V.

With a simple pop, a new guest has entered the realm of The Amazing Digital Circus. He drops on the ground and immediately looks around to figure out where he was. But something felt extremely... off for him. Which is very, very hard to do since he's used to the world around him - or what the old world used to be.

Every single digital sentient creature noticed his presence, and immediately raced over to check it out. This new figure stood very tall, estimated to be six feet and four inches tall with two horns at the end of his head raising his height by an additional five or six inches. The entire head is dark black with a bluish tint, except his eyes and clean-shaven jaw were exposed and he appears to be caucasian.

His eyes have a gorgeous blue hue at the pupils, meanwhile the rest of his face looked grim. The rest of the body donned a gray jumpsuit that looks to be made out of spandex, but with an additional coverage around the pelvis and the color on that is black for some reason - it looks like he's wearing underwear on the outside. And on the middle of his chest, laid a strange black symbol that looks oddly similar to a bat.

His hands and feet are covered by black gauntlets and combat boots respectively, which means the only skin on his body that's exposed is his mouth. On his back, and draped on his broad shoulders, is a black cape that matches the cowl on his head - it also looks to be attached to it as well.

Caine, who is a floating humanoid creature but with open dentures and a pair of eyeballs for a head, flies over to greet him. "Hello there!" He magically made a tophat and cane appear out of nowhere. "Welcome to The Amazing Digital Circus! I'm Caine, the ringleader of this entourage!"

The new guest looked around, not saying a word as he tried to figure out where he was.

"You seem confused, little one." Caine took his cane and lightly tapped on the man's head - causing him to look back at the ringleader with an annoyed expression. "Don't worry, I'll show you around. But first, let me introduce you to our performers!"