ice cream

Hey, Ruby! I'm so sorry, it has been a long time since I last wrote here. I got so busy with my exams and all that, I barely had any time for myself. But, I'm free now. Today we got our grades back. Yuuma got the third best grades in our grade, Alma is not too far off either. And me, well...I'm doing fine to say the least. Middle school just needs a lot of hard work, but I swear I'm not slacking off! Anyway, Yuuma asked me out on a date next sunday. Wish me luck!

------------------------------------

Ruby, oh my god! I can barely handle writing this. I'm so happy I feel like I'm going to explode. It's been 3 hours already but my face still feels so warm.

Okay so, me and Yuuma agreed to meet at the park and then go get ice cream. But, when I got out, I found him waiting for me by my house. We talked the whole way to the bus station, and then when we got on the bus, there was only one empty seat so he let me have it.

Afterwards, we got ice cream from this new place. It was a bit crowded so we had to wait in line. But, when we got there, I found out that I forgot my wallet at home. It was really embarrassing but Yuuma was kind enough to pay for both of us. We also got a free cookie because the owner thought we looked cute together. I think I agree with her, and the cookie was really tasty too!

Oh my god, this is where it gets embarrassing. My face is heating up just thinking about it. After getting ice cream, we were looking for somewhere to sit. Yuuma said he knew a place and before I knew it, he was holding my hand and pulling me towards a big tree in the nearby park. When we sat, Yuuma didn't let go of my hand. I tried really hard to focus on what he was saying, but the feeling of his fingers against mine was just too much to handle. I'm sure I looked like a tomato from his point of view. That must be why he let go of my hand to offer me a water bottle from his bag.

I calmed down after a sip of water and we actually had a nice conversation from then on. He told me he made the cut for our school's basketball team for the upcoming national qualifiers.It made me really happy to know Yuuma was one step closer to his dream so i promised him that I wouldn't give up on mine either. I told him about this manga I'm writing with Mai-chan and the girls and he said he's excited to read it.

I enjoyed our conversation so much that I didn't feel the time go by. Suddenly, it was noon and Yuuma had basketball practice to attend to. We parted ways and I wished him luck.

After I got home, he sent me a text message asking if I got home safely. I replied yes so he sent me a photo of him at practice; I think I spent a good fifteen minutes just staring at it.

You know Ruby, I'm really glad I have someone like Yuuma in my life. I used to think it was impossible for me to talk to him without embarrassing myself, but now I can do it just fine and I even managed to go on a date with him. And I have you, and our friends in jewel land, to thank for that.

Okay, I think this is it for today. I promised Miria and Sara to tell them everything about this date and I don't think Alma would want to be left out either. Monika nee-chan already stopped me by the door when I came back and she made me recount everything. I never expected her to care so much about me and Yuuma, but she said, in her own words, " I have to make sure no one mistreats my little sister!"

See you soon, Ruby!