Prologue: The Meeting

You were in the midst of reading a good book when your watch began to beep. After looking around, you headed for your room and touched your wall with a pen, revealing a panel to scan your hand with.

The wall opened up, and you entered a spacious elevator, which arrived at a large room with several monitors that display information about the city and some parts of the world.

You approached the main monitor, which received an incoming transmission and you answered it.

"Director Nine."

Nine: "Good morning Agent Zero. I'm sorry to cut your break short, but the Alliance now has a critical mission for you."

"What is it?"

Nine: "Trinity is carrying out a series of operations across the globe and Sonia Nevermind is at the center of their plans. As you know, Sonia is the Ultimate Princess and the future ruler of the kingdom of Novoselic. Whatever Trinity is up to that involves her, if they succeed, it will spell disaster for the entire world. You will receive other missions should they arise, but your top priority is making sure Sonia Nevermind is unharmed."

"She's at the Institute. I can enroll there as a student. I would say maintaining records and other information has made me an official Ultimate as an Archivist."

Nine: "Indeed. The Institute does encourage students to socialize with each other, so conversing with Miss Nevermind shouldn't be too difficult."

"Are you saying-"

Nine: "You'll be placed in the same class as her."

"That's unexpected."

Nine: "It's the way to ensure a successful mission. We are open to having independent outside help, but for now, you are in charge of her safety."

"Understood."

Nine: "Good. Director Nine, out."

The following day, you entered the Institute for Talented Individuals and went to your assigned class, where you took your seat and opened a book to maintain cover. While reading, you saw Sonia enter the class and you activated your glasses by pretending to check them.

After reading information about her, you resumed reading the book, as Sonia sat down next to you.

"I didn't think her desk was right next to mine," you thought to yourself. "What a coincidence."

Sonia noticed you as you were still focused on this one chapter in your book.

Sonia: "Oh, hello. I didn't know you were sitting next to me."

"No worries. I just entered, so it is understandably unexpected. I'm Y/N Vahn."

Sonia: "My name is Sonia Nevermind. It's nice to meet you. I hope we can be friends for a long time."

"Yeah. I hope so too."

You and Sonia smile as your first class started.