like you could love me

my offering for not updating in three months, mb...

☆ ∘°∘♡∘°∘☆ ∘°∘♡∘°∘☆∘°∘♡∘°∘∘°∘♡∘°∘

minho and jisung are like fire and fuel. they are hot and burning with their quick-to-light fire that seemed to lay waste and carnage to everything and everyone in their path. so eventually, it simply became that they could never be in the same room with the other. or else an explosion would occur.

so naturally, they had a class together every single year. this rage and hatred would be stoked and cat fights would ensue. scratches, punches, everything that can be thrown was. blood would be shed, anger would turn into loathing. they simply loathed the other and constantly made everything the other said into a fight and a competition.

this year, the class was math, which is jisung's achilles heel. sure he understood basic concepts, but most of it never clicked in his head. everything was memorization. jisung could never focus, he got ok grades but he never could beat minho. it was simply the one thing that drove him insane, the fact that minho could best him in math.

minho, on the other hand, was a whiz at math. he probably worshipped isaac newton for his contributions. jisung curse newton and spat on minho. sometimes quite literally.

"jisung, han jisung?" a dull voice drones on, waking up jisung from his daydream. he realizes he dozed off once again in math and groans.

"sorry sir, that is entirely my fault." jisung stands up and bows, rubbing his neck on the upturn. he can practically feel the stares stabbing his skin and the glare he receives from perfect boy minho. he can feel the smirk that adorns minho's stupid face at the fact that jisung was called out for not paying attention.

"jisung, please see me in the hallway for a moment" his professor monotones, motioning towards the classroom door.

jisung blushed and sped his way into the hallway. he stands for about 5 minutes, gnawing on his fingernail before his professor finally joins him. blood tangs against his tongue and jisung swallows the bitter taste. hating the fact he was thrown aside and the smirk he still feels. the lasers of hatred minho's eyes shoot at his face every day.

his professor clears his throat, "now jisung i do not doubt that you are a terribly intelligent and fantastic student. but, you seem to not grasp mathematical concepts in the slightest."

jisung's blush turns into embarrassment as he bows his head, focusing on trying to not cry. this is the third talk he has received and this one feels almost charged with disappointment and pity. jisung feels about 2 centimeters tall and simply wishes to melt into the floor.

"since this is the third time, i shall have to mandate you be given a student tutor. one who will come to your house every weekday at 5 pm. should get you back in shape, eh?" jisung's professor winks as he drops the ball.

jisugn is flabbergasted, "a t-tutor? for me?" he fights off his unfallen tears as he thinks about how terrible he feels.

"yes! and it'll be fantastic. please come back to this classroom this afternoon at 4:30 so you two can meet and then exchange information", jisung's professor brightly replies. he doesn't understand in the slightest just how devastated and alone jisung feels at the moment.

"yes, professor. i shall come back at 4:30" jisung repeats, too dazed to think about anything else besides his father's reaction when he brings home a tutor. according to him, to have help means to fail. and jisung does not fail.

jisung, bowing his head with tears in his eyes, returned to class. he sits down in front of his desk, hands turning into fists. his fingernails start cutting into his hands, fleshy parts turning into centralized pain that jisung can focus on. he was so focused on this pain that he only came to it when someone pushed him out of his chair.