PROLOGUE

YEARS PRIOR TO THE EVENTS OF ASOIAF...

The warm summer breeze blew back the girl's hair as she made her way up the rock alongside her brother and sister. The sun blazed up in the sky, beating down on the three children.

"It's your first time cliff jumping, are you nervous?" The blond boy asked the youngest girl.

She rolled her eyes. "Nervous? Why would I be nervous?" 

"Hmm... maybe because you're scared of literally everything?" He teases her.

The older girl scoffed. "Loras, knock it off, you're going to scare Breyna."

Loras rolled his eyes at his older sister. "Who left you in charge, Margaery?"

"Grandmother did." Margaery rolled her eyes back at him. "We're here."

Breyna peered over the cliff, looking down at deep blue waters of the sea. She felt her heart pumping hard against her rib cage as she stared into the sparkling water. 

"Here, I'll go first," Margaery offered. She was in her undergarments, as was Loras. Margaery launched herself off the cliff, and as she plummeted towards the water, she screamed, laughing all the while. She landed in the water, but soon broke the surface laughing and smiling, her red hair stuck her her face.

Breyna smiled down at her older sister. Before she knew it, Loras was leaping off the cliff, and descending for the water. After a moment, he, too, broke the surface and was laughing.

Breyna took a deep breath, and was in her undergarments, and with mild hesitation, jumped from the rock and began her descent into the sea. She screamed, feeling the wind against her body. The fall felt much longer than it actually was. 

Soon, she felt the cold waters engulf her, and she swam up to break the surface.

She was laughing, just like her siblings. Her brown curls stuck to her face, and floated in the water.

"So? How was it?" Loras asked.

Breyna giggled some more. "So much fun!"

"I guess we'll be doing this more often then." Margaery laughed, smiling at her younger siblings.

"It should be a tradition!!" Breyna exclaimed, smiling brightly, her green eyes shining in the summer sun.

Loras nodded. "Great idea, every summer we should do this."

Margaery smiled. "Then let's do that."

This was when everything was okay. They were happy. They smiled. These were before the dark days... the days full of tyrants and usurpers and everything in between. The days where they were never alone.