ᴘʀᴏʟᴏɢᴜᴇ

You were seated with your fellow peers in the academy hall, awaiting for the announcement of who would be receiving the most prestigious award, the Plinth Prize. You remained with your head up high, your eyes looking forward as some of the other students would give you stares.

You were one of the most promising students attending this academy. You were prideful of your academic career and carried yourself with confidence. However, despite your other peers awareness of this, they also knew that you originated from the districts.

You were young when your father had gained a large profit off of aiding the Capitol during the first rebellion. Your families current wealth had allowed you all to depart from the districts to the Capitol in search of a better life. In your father's eyes, it was a good thing because had you have stayed in the districts, you could have been another potential victim of the Hunger Games.

Because of your family's previous status, you had been an outcast to your peers throughout your childhood. To them, you were rebellious scum like the residents of the districts. However, it's not like you strived to fit in with the Capitol citizens anyways. It was far from your life's mission to be liked by anyone in particular from this place. You never stopped being vocal with how ethically immoral you believed the games were no matter how much people would roll their eyes at you. You were only speaking the truth.

"Mind if I join you, dear?"

You glanced up. That deep flirty voice belong to none other than Coriolanus Snow. He offered you a tiny friendly smile as he awaited your answer. You groaned internally but you did not want to be petty and tell him no.

You gave him a polite smile. "Please, go ahead."

Coriolanus chuckled at your attempt at politeness towards him, taking a seat next to you.

Out of all the other students who attended this academy, Coriolanus was the person you disliked the most. He was an entitled, ambitious fella. In your mind, it was rather obvious to you that he probably viewed you as some low life district regardless of your wealth. You felt extra irritation with his presence since he was the other star pupil in your grade who was the only potential threat to your prize.

Plus, you were insanely attracted to him. And you hated it. Especially when he would purposely flirt with you.

"Feeling anxious?" Coriolanus asked, referring towards the announcement of who would be receiving the prize as he adjusted the rose pinned to his dress shirt.

You tensed up slightly from his question. You hoped he did not notice. In a way you did feel rather positive regarding whether you would receive the prize. However, in the back of your mind, you felt a little timid since Coriolanus is exceptionally intelligent. He was also Dr. Gaul's favorite pupil which could possibly be a problem... But you did not want to be negative and thank about that. Instead you kept your positive demeanor.

Fake it till you make it.

You smiled, your eyes meeting his. "Rather confident. And you?"

"I'm feeling hopeful." He admitted, crossing his arms

When he said that, you found your eyes looking elsewhere. Anywhere else but his face. You were aware that this prize meant his entire future. Your family had known for quite some time now that the Snows were broke. Your father had loaned them pity money before to allow them to stay in their home. Despite not being fond of Coriolanus, you never told anyone about his home life struggles. It was not your place. You bet everything though that any other Capitol kid would have told everyone as a form of gossip. You swore these people had zero sympathy.

Although you sought out this prize for academic achievement, a small part of you would actually be glad if it went to Coriolanus instead of you. If anyone else deserved it, that would be him.