one

She was finally free. After her initial plan to run away with Coriolanus Snow had taken a horrible turn, Lucy Gray made the quick decision to run away from the man she once loved. She knew she could never be with someone who was so obsessed with the thought of being in power, and who has taken so many lives. First, the boy from 8, then the mayor's daughter, then his own best friend? How could he be so heartless?

She knew if she wanted to escape him, she had to do it fast. So, while he was asleep, she began her journey through the forest. This was the first time she had been alone. For her whole life, she had the Covey, but she knew that leaving them in District 12 was for their own good, and who knows? Maybe one day she'll be reunited with her family again.

As she was running in an attempt to find shelter, she could hear Snow shouting her name. "LUCY GRAY, COME BACK HERE, NOW. YOUR'E MAKING A HUGE MISTAKE". As she could hear the pure rage in his voice, she knew for sure that she had made the right decision. After running for what felt like hours, Lucy finally found an old cabin. There were no lights on, so she peered into a window and thankfully, it seemed empty. So without thinking twice, she opened the door with ease and walked inside. There were dishes on the counter tops and wood in the fireplace, so she assumed that whoever lived there had left.

After finding some matches in a kitchen cabinet, Lucy lights a fire, and after wiping some dust off the couch, she sits down and sighs with relief- She was finally safe from that... monster.

After sitting down for a while and reflecting on everything that had happened in the past few days, she hears something drop in another room. Out of fear, Lucy stands up abruptly and grabs a piece of wood from a pile by the fireplace. Her first thought is that Snow had found her. After contemplating on whether she should leave the cabin and keep running, she decided to wait for a second. Suddenly, the door of the room where the noise came from slowly swings open, and to her surprise, a girl, who seemed around her age is standing in the room, facing her, with a thick, hard-back book in her hand. After realising that the girl looked as terrified as she was, Lucy drops the piece of wood and raises her hands above her head to show mercy.

"Wh- who are you?", the girl says in a stern voice, while pointing the book towards Lucy in a threatening manner. After backing away slightly, Lucy gulps before answering "Um, I'm Lucy Gray Baird, I've just ran away from 12". The girl, still pointing the book at Lucy, asks, in a confused tone "12?". "Uhh, District... 12", Lucy responds. "Oh, right." "And you are...?", Lucy asks. The girl finally puts the book down and slowly walks towards Lucy, before putting her hand out for Lucy to shake. "Alma Coin".