Todobaku one shot

POV Todoroki

"Bakugo! Hurry! Those kids in that building over there are in danger!" I called out to the blonde, but to no appeal.

"Its Great Explosion Murder God Dynamight, damnit! And if its so important, why don't you save them yourself?! I van take this thug by myself stupid half n' half!" Came his angry reply as he launched himself at the baddie who's quirk was something like an underdeveloped version of Mr. Aizawa's quirk, in the sense that it couldn't cancel out quirks entirely, but it could dull sown some of the abilities, so long as he didn't breath while looking at you.

I wanted to argue with Katsuki for being stupid, but since lives were on the line, I knew better than to. Besides, he would never budge. "Well, don't die then, I guess, Great Explosion Murder God Dynamight." I called, using my ice to propel me towards the crumbling building. The effect of the thug's quirk on mine was simply cancelling out my fire quirk, but since I spent the first 15 years of my life training with just my ice quirk, it was nothing.

"Ahh, hearing my proper hero name is like music to my ears." Bakugo sang out in his raspy voice. I rolled my eyes, but a secret smile spilled onto my lips despite myself. Katsuki could definitely be funny when he wanted to be.

I dove into the window of the room the children were in and scooped them up before hauling them over my shoulders like sacks of flour. Then, I rushed out of the room and down the nearest flight of stairs. I couldn't go back out of the window, because that would immediately be putting the kids in harm's way.

"So, why were you guys in an abandoned building? Its not safe, y'know?" I asked, trying to calm them down.

At first, it seemed like neither of them would answer. The boy, who looked to be about 3, was crying profusely, and the girl, who was maybe 10, looked to be in a state of shock, but finally, it seemed she regained herself enough to speak up.

"Well, we never had a dad, and our mom was-" she paused, tears pooling in her eyes. "She was in a car crash last month, so we had nowhere to go... We were gonna be put in foster care, but neither me or Yuto-" she pointed to the little boy, "Would ever survive that, so, we ran away, and have been hiding out here since. Nobody ever comes here, at least until now, and its usually pretty safe." The girl said before hiccuping. The weird thing is, that when she hiccuped, a small bubble burst from her mouth, and she held it in her hands. To me, it looked like a normal bubble, but with the way she was staring at it, I knew she could see something in it that no one else could. A second later, my theory was proven right. 

"Y'know that spiky-blonde-haired boy? Well, he captured the villain already, so can you put me and Yuto down now? We'll be right on our ways." The girl said, wiggling in my hold.

I shook my head 'no', but placed her and her brother down with a small, sad smile. Her brother, Yuto, was still crying, but less-so now.

"I like the nice hero boy." Yuto said through his snot.

I smiled and patted his back, "That's why I'm here, little buddy. I'm here to be nice and help people like you. I'm glad you're out of harm's way now, but I still can't just let you guys go. Its not safe out there, so I'm gonna take you back to the police station, m'kay? I'm sure they'll work something out for you both." I told them before taking their hands and leading them out of the building.

Sure enough, when I looked down the road, there Bakugo was, dragging the thug's limp body down the road. I rushed towards him, placing a hand on the blonde boy's chest as I spoke to him.

"God, Bakugo! Did you kill him?" I ask with more than a little concern.

"Nah, just knocked him out. Turns out, even with a weakened quirk I could still knock the bastard out with a single blow. Anyway, the hell are you doing with your hand on my chest, Icyhot? Move it!" Bakugo said, before gritting his teeth and moving my hand from his chest and holding it by his side as he continued to walk.

Blush spread faster than the wildfire that killed Touya. I was holding hands with my crush. Holy shit. I'm such a goddamn train wreck.

"What's with all the blush? Haven't you ever held hands with someone before?" He teased without even looking at me.

"What? No! I'm just, er- outta breath from the fight, is all, obviously. Besides, we're still carrying around a villain and two kids. We have to drop them off at the police station, y'know?" I sputtered, trying (and failing) to make up a believable excuse.

I can tell he isn't buying it, but he doesn't push any further, either, just smirks to himself. Damn, why are all of the cute bastards so full of themselves? Do they realize that they're cute bastards, and then become full of themselves, or are they just born that way?

Regardless, we make it to the police station in less than 10 minutes, and drop off the thug and the 2 children. From there, we get on a subway train headed to X town, where UA is located.

When we were on the train, it becomes apparent that Bakugo needed a bit of a power nap, and he didn't hesitate to use my should as a pillow. God, it was so cute. But, before to long, we arrived at our station and I had to wake the beautiful blonde. It was sad to see the peacefulness go. I enjoyed the quiet sometimes.

Bakugo was pissed as always when he woke up, which made the walk to UA especially annoying, even under the sunset-filled sky, that soon faded into a pitch-black night. as I glance at my watch, realizing that It was gonna be late soon. "Holy hell Bakugo! Its a quarter to 10 already! By now, the rest of 1-A is probably already asleep!" I said, and lo and behold, I was right. Well, Kaminari wasn't there, but me and bakugo just assumed he was out banging Shinso in some random dark janitor's closet within the school building.

I plopped down on the couch. It was my turn to be tired. "I think I'm just gonna go to sleep here, All Might knows I don't have enough energy for anything else." I told Bakugo vaguely as he wandered into the kitchen.

"Well, that's okay, Icyhot! 'Cuz I'll make us dinner!" He announced, practically radiating sparkles. "Whatcha want?"

I thought for a minute, then giggled as the perfect idea struck me. "Make some broccoli! It'll be like Midoria's eating with us!" I joked. As soon as I finished, Bakugo started giggling too.

"Absolutely" he laughed out, grabbing some frozen broccoli from the freezer.

As Katsuki cooked, I made myself comfy on the couch, quietly turning on the news and the like, curious to see what the League of Villains situation looked like.

A couple minutes pass, and Bakugo brings out 2 plates of steaming hot broccoli. He places them carefully on the coffee table before sitting down next to me and glancing up at the TV.

"Really? The news?" He complained, "I'm totally changing this!" He said, reaching for the remote. I held it out of his reach, and, of course, he took it as an opportunity to shove me down and snatch the remote from me. I looked up at him, and he looked down on me; then, as though in sync, me and Bakugo realized what position we were in: him on top of me and pinning me down. We both blushed, but neither of us made any moves to fix ourselves. Instead, we stayed perfectly still, our lips parted slightly.

Bakugo eyed my lips, and then slowly decended upon me.

"Bakugo, are you sure you wanna do this?" I breathed out, but he ignored me, instead bringing his lips crashing down on mine. It was pure bliss, and I'm glad he seemed as sure as I felt.

God, I don't know what will happen next, but right now, this kiss in the darkness on a couch is enough.