𝐜𝐥𝐚𝐬𝐬𝐢𝐜.

When you know, you know. Arabella could feel them five repetitive words spinning around her head as she clicked her pen in her science lesson. Six months, six months till GCSE'S, six months till she'd never come back to Ackley Bridge College everyday. Thank god for that. Arabella zoned back in and continued making her notes on photosynthesis. She'd be damned if she was going to let Riz pull her away from her grades she prided herself on.

"Arabella, what is a cation?" Her science teacher asked, he did this all the time.
"A positively charged ion due to the loss of electrons." Arabella smiled as she answered.
"Very good, continuing on with photosynthesis." Her teacher quickly diverted his attention back to the board.

Arabella didn't listen too intently as she had science memorised like her favourite song 'Margaret' by Lana Del Ray, Macbeth on the other hand needed some work. She couldn't help but think of what Riz was doing, he had a levels next year he couldn't afford to let this bother him as-well.

The bell rang for lunch and Bella dragged her feet to the canteen, internally dreading what she would be faced with when she walked in. Stares, rumours and a stranger who she knew everything about, down to his favourite colour. Arabella took a deep breath before barging through the doors to find her friends, ignoring every "thats her" and "surprised she's still here" that floated across the canteen.

"Bell, over here," Missy waved over to her smiling at a distressed Arabella,
"Let me guess, half this canteen is talking about the stunt I pulled earlier?" Arabella said throwing herself down on the empty seat on their table.

Missy gave her a look of sympathy followed by an arm rub from Naz as Arabella felt almost sort of naked. Her glossy eyes surfed over the canteen and locked with deep honey brown eyes, but the brown was painted over by heartbreak and sorrow. Arabella was suddenly overcome with rage. How could he be the hurt one? I mean he was the one who broadcasted their night together like it's the ITV news.

Suddenly Bella was stripped from her daydream as she watched Riz approach her table quickly. She grabbed her chicken burger and chips and made a walk for the door to leave the canteen. Distant calls from Missy and Naz followed her out the doors until a firm grip landed on her shoulder.

Riz Nawaz.

"Bell stop running I may be a rugby player but you walk faster then Cory can run," Riz says catching his breath.
"Well clearly you need rugby team mates" Arabella sarcastically said as she continued to speed walk.

Riz shook his head and stamped his left foot before following Bella some more.

"You know I'm trying to talk to you here?" Riz said as he finally got Arabella to stop walking.
"What? What do you want from me" Arabella said frustrated as she turned to face him.

"Look, before you say one of your sarcastic comments or continue to walk away and avoid your problems, just hear me out." Riz pleaded.

Arabella kissed her teeth and nodded at Riz slightly intrigued to hear what he has to say. Riz gave Bella a 'thank you' smile before taking a deep breath in.

"Look, I know I'm in the wrong. I kissed Hayley and that was completely my fault. I also misunderstood Cory's comment on your Instagram and I know thats no excuse-" Riz began to exclaim.
"Riz stop." Arabella tried to interrupt but was cut off by a stern look on Riz's face.

"As for the incident outside when I saw you in a fight I couldn't bare it, I made a promise to your father in Paris that if he allowed me to date you I would have to protect you and so far I have not done a very good job. When you were ,rightfully so, shouting at me I caught eyes with Cory and the rest of the rugby lads who were mocking me for letting you talk to me like that, and listen I know thats no excuse for the way I shouted our business out but I truly am sorry." Riz finally finished his speech, catching his breath from talking so fast.

Arabella looked at Riz in awe, nobody, not even her father, has ever apologised to her like that and took the time to stop her when she is angry walking. Arabella wanted to forgive him she really did but she couldn't let her guard down that easily.

"Riz, I appreciate that but I can't forgive you that easy, I'll look like a mug" Arabella said running her fingers through her hair.
"I'm not asking for you to take me back Bell, I just want you to forgive me?" Riz said accepting all sense of defeat.

Arabella looked outside the windows in the now science corridor they stood in, Cory and the rugby team quickly approaching, Arabella did not want to deal with this right now.

"Call me later." Arabella said stepping back from the vulnerable boy in-front of her.
"Thank you Bell, I gotta go but I wont forget to call, I promise." Riz smiled as he sped walk towards the door to get outside to his friends.

Arabella watched how Riz's face lit up when he met with his friends, he truly did just do it to show off. She knew he didn't mean it. 

It was classic Riz Nawaz.

author note- reading my first chapter to writing this the development in my writing is huge, maybe it has something to do with the fact when i started this book i was in year 8 now im in year 11, so im sort of basing Arabella off me.