iv. charm spell

Naomi and Matt looked at the entrance of the Great Hall after the continuous explosion that sounded on the other side followed by laughters and shouts that most likely came from the no other than Mr. Filch. Naomi shook her head knowing it was most likely the resident prankers, the Weasley Twins.

She continued what she was doing which was multitasking between eating her breakfast and reading a chapter in Defence Against The Dark Arts, or DADA for short.

She found the book extremely interesting and knowledgeable. Contrast to the book last year which was only the biography of their last professor, Gilderoy Lockhart, who now resided on the ward at St. Mungos because of the incident last year. He accidentally obliviated himself. Apparently, it was too serious as he forgot everything.

"I'm gonna go straight to the library before class starts." She said to Matt. Standing up and cleaning her things.

Matt looked at her unfinished plate, "You're not gonna finish your breakfast?" He asked.

"No, the chapter about the Red Caps and Hinkypunks looked more interesting than bacon right now." She said before bidding her goodbye and left.

Matt looked at her weirdly. He was too sure he saw her reading about a charm and protectors in a form of animals in some sort. He shrugged and continued eating. Eleanor appeared next to him, taking a seat and placing some foods in her plate.

"What did I miss?"

Fred Weasley chuckled with his brother, George Weasley, after an another successful prank directed to Mr

Fred Weasley chuckled with his brother, George Weasley, after an another successful prank directed to Mr. Filch. His shouts about coming to get them echoed in the halls.

The two of them looked at each other and went straight to the nearest shortcut that was found by their idols and inspirations. It took them two years to find out that this particular path is known by only them, not even Mr. Filch, who spent his days patrolling around Hogwarts.

George pulled out a piece of paper while Fred lit the tip of his wand by a spell, lighting the dark, secret path with a bright light. George pointed the tip of his wand on the paper and muttered, "I Solemnly Swear That I Am Up To No Good."

Words appeared at the piece of paper.

Messrs Moony, Wormtail, Padfoot, and Prongs — Purveyors of Aids to Magical Mischief-Makers are proud to present
THE MARAUDER'S MAP

George opened the piece of paper — the map — and scanned it. They watched as the ink outlined the school and started spreading as names appeared one by one. They immediately saw the huge Great Hall where most of the students is now currently residing to start their days with their stomach's full.

They eyes immediately went to their place. Their names huddled together as they watch the map. They caught the names of Filch and his wretched cat. They continued running, missing the pranksters in the process.