Chapter 11

Brandi was on her own at club Wildflower. She had decided that she would come and check that everything was in order before they opened. Usually her and Calum did this together once a week. But since he 'died' she has had to tolerate Luke doing that with her. But when Michael informed her that Luke will not be coming in this week as he got time off, she was ecstatic at the thought of him not being able to boss her around. Just as she was lost in thought she heard the front door open and close. She made her way to the front to tell this person that they will not open for another 2 hours. Just as she was about to say something she saw that it was none other than Sierra standing in front of her with her arms crossed and looking irritated. "Hi how can I help you, detective?" Brandi asked coyly. "Um yeah, I have actually come to see you. You must help me with my quest." Sierra demanded. " I must eat, drink and hopefully run this club by myself one day. I don't believe that I must help you with nothing. You are not my boss first of all, and secondly who gives you the right to throw around demands." Brandi snapped. "Well if you contact your family they will differ from you as I know that you are a witch. And so is your whole family. They work for my family, pretty." Sierra snarkaly replied. "Well I have news for you my whole family is dead and I don't know what nonsense you are talking about witches for cause I ain't one. And I think you should leave or I will have to report you to Crystal." Brandi said as she was trying to usher Sierra out the club. "Well let me leave you with one thought. I have your mother working for my family, yes you heard right she is alive. She just got taken by my family years ago as she wanted to go back on a deal we had with her. And now it's your turn. Either work with me or suffer the consequences." Sierra threatened as she left the club. Brandi was in so much shock and despair that she did not know who else to go talk to except one person that she thought that she still trusted and that had the power to know how she could find out the truth about all of this information she was just given.

She decided to ask Michael for some help. Nobody knew that she was a witch and that her whole family was witches. All the females were. No male in her family got that as it was a sort of curse as she was led to believe all the years. She knew that vampires existed and shape-shifters, but she also heard that every 20 years a new hunter would be coming into power and from certain bloodlines as well. Who they are and how they make their appearance is better not known. They are also known to take a mythical creature that has power and makes it 'work for them'. Brandi was not going to let that happen to her. And if her family is really still somewhat alive she will save them. So when she entered Club Teeth you could imagine her surprise as she saw Calum and Michael at the bar chatting and that Calum was 'alive'.

"Um hi Michael. I need to talk to you. But I thought he was dead." Brandi said confused as she stared and pointed to Calum. Calum looked at Brandi confused as he found some familiarity in her but couldn't place it. " Um he was, till he wasn't. I don't know if you know about anything supernatural or believe in myth." Michael said quickly. "Well that is exactly what I came to talk to you about. I will explain my situation first then you can tell me everything about what happened to Calum, okay?" Brandi offered. Michael gulped guiltily as he did not want to take away Brandi's memories but if it called for him to do so he would. "So you have something to tell us." Michael said trying to get Brandi to start her story. "Um, about a half an hour ago I was busy getting the club ready for opening up. When Sierra just came in and start making demands. Telling me that I will help her with her quest. Telling me that she knows that I am a witch, and so is my whole family. And that my family works for her family. And if I don't believe her then I can contact my family and ask. But all of my family died except my grandmother that nobody knows about, except for me and my mom. But she says that my mom is still alive and is being held captive by her family for going against them on a deal. And she threatened me that either I help her or there will be consequences for me." Brandi sobbed and grabbed onto Michael's shirt. Michael just looked sadly at Calum. He knew what to do in this situation but he wanted a favor from Brandi, now that he knew her secret. She was going to be his secret weapon against both Sierra and Zayn. As he wanted Zayn to leave him and his town alone especially when they were not going to help find out who did this to Calum.

Before Michael could respond to what Brandi had just told him, there was a knock at the door. Brandi cringed thinking it might have been Sierra again that decided to follow her. But Michael noticed Brandi's body language and told her and Calum to go to his office as he would 'deal' with who ever was on the opposite side of the door. When he was sure that they were in his office he opened the door. Just to be shocked by who it was. "Yeah, yeah. I am on my way. Keep your clothes on." Michael said as he was opening the door not making eye contact at first with the person. But when he looked up all that he could do was stand there with an open mouth and in shock. It was dejà vu.

"So who was at the door." Calum asked as he saw Michael at his office door. "Why don't you ask her yourself?" Michael replied cockily. Brandi got scared knowing that it was a her. That meant it could be Sierra. So she ducked under the table not wanting to be found. Michael saw this and chuckled. "You can come out. It is not her. Don't worry I would not have let her in. Not after what you told me. I have to tell you my story still." Michael said as he held out his hand for Brandi. But as she got up she saw why Michael had told Calum to ask her himself because it was Mali Koa, but she was also dead, or so she thought. That was when Michael told her to take a seat while he explained everything to her, about him, Luke, Ashton, the council, Crystal and how both Calum and Mali were now vampires. By the end of the conversation she was so overwhelmed that she thought that she would leave Michael with one piece of information that he did not seem to have known. "You know that every 20 years a hunter comes into power from certain bloodlines. I think that Sierra might be one. Because of what you told me about Ashton and Luke being kidnapped to tell her about Zayn. But if she is a hunter why just kill Zayn and not all of you? It doesn't make sense unless she has gone rouge. But I will get back to you about her. So you can help me with my mom?" Brandi asked coyly. " Yeah I can definitely help you with your mom, with the help of Crystal but I don't want to pressure you but do you think there is a possibility of helping me get Zayn out of town. He is making me mad and causing trouble." Michael asked shyly. "I am going to have to think about it but I need a couple of days to go to my family house to get the stuff I need and I will have the answers for you, but you will need some one to run the club." Brandi said. Michael just smiled and nodded. Then he got onto the phone and told Luke to come home tonight and if Ashton is still busy he must carry on without him as he is needed at home.

That very night Ashton and Luke came back from their quest as they had gotten more than what they ended up going for. But they knew Luke was needed by Michael for some reason. So when they entered the club they never thought that they would see Mali sitting with Calum in Michael's office. "Um hi Calum, where may I ask is Michael at the moment?" Luke asked. He was at club Wildflower but he will be back now. But the whole time that they were standing in the office waiting for Michael to come Mali was giving Ashton a weird look. Calum had started to notice and felt uncomfortable. But as he was about to ask her why she was giving Ashton looks Michael entered the room. "Luke, both of you are back! I thought that you guys were still busy with your quest." Michael insinuated. "Nah, we found the last piece of the puzzle this morning. We were just going to take another day for any other information that we could find. But it can wait or if needed they can be snuck in here with your and Crystal's help." Luke insisted. Just as Michael was about to inform Luke as to why he had to come home Mali interrupted them as she shot up and pointed to Ashton. "It was him! I think it was him! He might have had darker hair but I think it was him that did this to me!" Mali explained scared whilst looking at Ashton. "Hey I don't even know you. And I have never bitten anyone in this town. That is what I come to this club for. For blood. So that I don't have to feed off of animal blood. I don't go for humans." Ashton insisted. Michael just turned around to face Ashton and calmly stated: "I think that you must leave until we get to the bottom of this. She might still be a bit emotional about getting turned." Ashton just stood and looked at Luke and he said: "Go, Michael is right. See you later." So Ashton decided to leave and go to Crystal and tell her what happened and had questions about everything. But she knew she had to tell him a part of the truth that was hidden from him since he was turned.... Especially since it was a father/son curse that ran in his family and Zayn knew the truth would come to light one day, but he would not want to be the one to tell their family secret.