1. strangers

And it goes like this
We'll get in your car and you'll lean to kiss me
We'll talk for hours and lie on the backseat
Uh-huh, uh-huh, uh
Uh-huh, uh-huh
And then one random night when everything changes
You won't reply and we'll go back to strangers
Uh-huh, uh-huh, uh
Uh-huh, uh-huh, uh

— strangers by kenya grace

[no this song isn't by sabrina but who cares. every other chapter with be named after a track from "emails i can't send fwd")

finney slams his book on a random kids desk.

"you know that i sit here everyday but you still had the guts to sit in my seat" finney notes,

"i respect it. but get up."

the kid scrambles out of the seat and goes somewhere in the front of the classroom.

finney happily sits next to his best friend, billy.

"i tried to tell him" billy shook his head.

finney rolled his eyes annoyed. the teacher begins the class and finney tries not to fall asleep.

finney is notorious for not paying attention at all in class but still manages to get amazing grades.

ten minutes after class starts the jocks walk in, wearing there varsity jackets and a basketball at their hip,

looks like a scene out of one of those cheesy high school movies.

the jocks in question are robin, vance, and bruce. finney and billy despise the basketball team for obvious reasons.

stereotypical straight guys? duh!

except they aren't straight— they've made this very clear so correction,

stereotypical jock guys that are bisexual... or gay? i don't know

that's slightly better but finney finds this group of boys just as stomach retching as a group of straight men.

billy scoffs, "if they weren't bi they would definitely call me a f—"

"—you boys are ten minutes late and you have the nerve to cause chaos" the teacher calls out the boys who were in the middle of greeting their friends other people on the basketball team.

"so sorry, i forgot where we were for a second" robin jokes and goes to sit down, so does the rest of them.

finney didn't even bother picking his head up, it's the same old stuff. he keeps his hand down and scrolls through instagram.

robin looks around the room bored. it's been two minutes and he's already over the class.

he admires the cute guy sitting in front of him and he looks at the cute guys best friend; who he finds rather annoying.

the best friend was paying attention to the teacher while the cute guy was on his phone.

robin slowly gets up and sends a smirk to bruce who sat next to him.

bruce holds back a laugh when he realizes what robin is about to do.

robin sneakily reaches his hand over and grabs finney's phone.

finney gets up quickly, "what the hell!"

"you really shouldn't be on the phone during class finney" robin sits back in his seat and waves the phone around.

finney groans, "robin i'm gonna beat your ass."

"please do" robin snatches the phone back as finney reaches for it.