Checkup - Carlando

This takes place during and after the Las Vegas Grand Prix in 2023, Lando was okay irl, but I had to change things up for this 💅

* light smut
—————————————————————————
As Carlos took the turn, he noticed the car that had crashed out was orange, he prayed that it wasn't Lando, but kept driving as he needed to, with the red flag, he would be able to see who it was and if they were okay.

"Hi Carlos, it was Lando who crashed but he's radioed that he's okay," his race engineer told Carlos.

"That's good, thank you"

After the radio message he felt so bad for Lando but felt better knowing he was okay. Lando didn't deserve this, especially not with all the hype around the race being here in Las Vegas. He hoped Lando wouldn't take it too hard emotionally.

After the green flag was waved again, he tried his best to focus on his race, but every now and then his mind wandered to Lando. He knew his best friend wouldn't be seriously harmed by any means, but sometimes when you crash, the shock makes you ignore pains you would normally feel. He finished 6th place, good for points, but every race was kind of disappointing after Singapore.

The next couple hours were a blur, and he wanted to leave the track pretty bad, not that he didn't like it, but he was eager to talk to Lando. He guessed he would be able to call him at the most, and tried to smile for the cameras.
Luckily, it was about 2:30 am local time, and most everyone wanted to go home. He left with Charles and they drove to the same hotel. As he said goodnight to Charles out in the parking lot, he stayed to make a call.

"Hello? A familiar voice sounded that made Carlos smile.

"Hi Lando. Are you okay? You are all cleared at the hospital I mean?"

"Yeah I'm okay. Just a little bruised up. Shouldn't you be asleep by now?"

"Ah noo, I had to check up on you! Plus I'm not even tired. Which hotel are you staying at?"

"I'm staying at an Air BnB. I'm not really tired either, maybe you could come over for a couple celebratory beers."

"Ai but you had a crash, I'm not in the mood to celebrate."

"To relax then." The silence was loud as the chilly parking lot reached Carlos. He tried not to shiver.

"That sounds fun. I'll have to call an Uber though."

"Nah, bring your stuff and car, we'll have a sleepover!"

As he packed his things in the car he smiled to himself, he is glad Lando can bring out the child in him. When he arrived, Lando had made popcorn and broke out a bottle of wine. "I thought wine would be more suitable for relaxing"

"It's great, let's play a board game or watch a movie or something!"

After an hour, the excitement of the day had caught up to them. Carlos yawned first but Lando followed soon after,  extracting a giggle from both of them. Lando went to get up, but groaned from being sore.

"Lando are you sure you're okay?"

"Yeah just really sore." He sounded sad when he said it, Carlos noticed.

"Well maybe the doctors were wrong, I could give you another checkup, maybe a massage," Carlos said, his heart beating. He didn't really know where it came from, but he knows it was risky, and he liked that idea. Lando looked at Carlos for a couple seconds before emitting a nervous laugh.

"That would be wonderful Carlos if you really want to." Lando said. As he led Carlos to his room he couldn't help but feel a little excited, and hoped he wasn't reading into it so much. Carlos is so kind and just wonderful. By then, they had gone through two bottles of wine, and Lando had recently been thinking about his feelings for Carlos, and their lack of platonic nature. His heart really was racing as he closed the door and laid on his stomach. He decided not to turn the lights on, but the light of the Christmas tree from the already decorated Air BnB gave the room a soft glow. As Carlos's hands lifted up his shirt and his oh so soft skin pressed into his, Lando gained a boost of confidence and boldness like he'd never felt before.
"Carlos?"

"Sí Landito." Carlos could also feel the tension.

"I love the feeling of your skin against mine. It drives me crazy. And I'm not just saying that because of my injuries."

"Are you sure you're not saying that because of the wine."

"Drunk words are sober thoughts, Carlos" Lando said, a little slurred with a hint of naughtiness in his voice. He turned over and stared at the Spaniard brazenly, before Carlos leaned closer and closer.

"Well then let me say that your lips look like the most beautiful and delicious thing I've ever seen."

The kiss. Was. Passionate. Tongues moved back and forth, fighting for dominance. Hands went exploring, into hair, around waists, the insides of thighs. Neither of them wanted to part for air but Carlos did it first.

"I've unconsciously wanted to do that for so long." Said Carlos, taking off Lando's shirt and his own.

"I've consciously wanted to do that for so long," Lando joked back, as they both continued to shower each other with kisses.

As the night went on, Carlos was incredibly grateful that they were in an Air BnB and not a hotel. He was incredibly grateful for the two bottles of wine. He was incredibly grateful for the beautiful sounds he could bring from Lando's lips. And he was so incredibly grateful that he decided to "check up" on his Lando.
—————————————————————————

My first F1 one shot! Lmk how I did. I read some that I don't like so I don't expect everyone to like it. I love Carlando and Lestappen, and Yukierre, so expect to see more of those! Thanks for reading 💅♥️