Chapter 1: Luna's Shocking Discovery

Luna awoke in the middle of the night to a strange feeling pooling in her stomach. Not wanting to wake up her charge, the small black cat began to look around the room for any signs of danger. But there was nothing. Her ruby-red eyes froze on the form of another black cat. Luna's breath hitched and her tail began to twitch back and forth nervously as she continued to stare at the other cat.

Taking a deep breath the young cat slowly reached out with a shaking paw and carefully touched one of the cats ears. The cats ears twitched at the movement and her eyes slowly opened. Red eyes met blue and Luna did the only thing she could. She fainted.

"Luna? Luna?" Serena kept calling out her guardian's name as she poked her tentatively. But the cat was still knocked out cold. Her communicator was buzzing but she didn't dare answer it. For one thing she was a cat so she would be utterly useless in the battle. Secondly for some reason Luna, her tougher than life, ruthless guardian was unconscious. And nothing fazed her! So she was worried. So she just ignored the shrilling noise her communicator was making.

"Luna! Wake up!"

Finally, after what felt like forever, Luna's eyes slowly opened and what she saw was a pair of worried blue eyes staring down at her. After a few moments of staring, Luna looked up to get a better look at the cat sitting in front of her. And what Luna saw made her jaw drop open in shock. The cat had fur as black as night with a crescent moon on her head just like Luna, the only difference was that the other cat had sapphire blue eyes instead of the ruby red.

"Finally you are awake, what on earth happened?" she asked her guardian.

"What? Oh nothing, I just imagined the craziest thing..." she trailed off but then Luna looked at her once again and then she banged her head on the bed.

Feeling like she was just having a bad dream, Luna began shaking her head back and forth, not knowing if what she was seeing right now was real or not. However, after getting a cuff on the head by the other cat, Luna soon realized that she wasn't dreaming and that this was in fact reality.

"I'm dreaming, aren't I?" Luna asked, looking up at the other cat and tilting her head to the side in confusion. The other cat blinked and shook her head. "No, you're not dreaming, Luna."

"Oh god it's true, it's true. How could I have not seen this? How blind am I?" she muttered under her breath worriedly as she paced back and forth on the bed. Serena raised her eyebrows and tilted her head. She quietly wondered if her cat had gone insane.

"Umm Luna-"

"I can't believe it. We met on the first day and I didn't sense this! What am I like! How blind am I! What the heck is going on here? What kind of guardian am I if I can't even protect my charge!" Luna carried on ranting as she ran up and down her bed. Serena couldn't take it anymore, she really needed her guardian to be composed especially with her secret now somehow being exposed.

"Luna!" she shouted, her patience snapping. That finally seemed to do the trick as Luna stopped and then looked at her. Her eyes fell on her and then she looked down.

"Oh my god! Serena! How the hell did this happen? Did a youma put a curse on you? How irresponsible am I! I should've been protecting you, not throwing you into danger mouth on a platter, oh my god! Lord please have mercy on me! Artemis is going to yank all my fur off if he hears about this!" Luna went even more hysterical and started pacing again.

Her mouth opened and then closed, not sure how to react to her cat breaking down. She was reacting too ridiculously.

"Ok that's it! What's going on! Why are you freaking out like this?" she couldn't help but whine, too many things were being thrown at her all at once and she couldn't take it.