May the Truth Set You Free.

Theo could feel the needle poke into his neck, his spine stiffened as a small needle pain shot through him. The heat of someone standing behind him, making his anxiety spike.

When the liquid started flowing into his veins, his mind started to become slow and sluggish, slowing down until there was nothing left. Theo's vision started blurring in and out of focus. It was becoming hard to keep his eyelids open. The needle receded from his neck, painstakingly slow. His mind went silent. The person that was behind him stepped away.

Theo wiggled his fingers at his sides, making  fists, to make sure that he could still feel them. He can.

"May the truth set you free." He heard the person, a man, say. There was a crowd in the building with them, the size of a small, round sports stadium.

Theo was in a sphere of large metal pillars that curled inward to make a ball around him. They looked like giant fingers coming up from the ground. He started to breathe heavily as memories came flooding back to him. Being trapped in his own hell, trapped in a morgue cabinet, didn't help his claustrophobia.

Memories of breaking out of the tight little morgue cabinets, over and over again, only so that his sister, Tara, could rip out his–Her–heart. Hell was very traumatizing, he wouldn't wish that upon anyone, even his worst enemy.

Even though he wasn't fully trapped, as there weren't any walls or glass, or anything, keeping him from escaping the metal fingers, he still felt trapped.

He looked around, panicked, looking for a familiar face. A face he melted at when he saw it. One he felt completely and utterly comfortable with.  One that he would be happy with, if it was the last face he saw. Any face.

"Liam," Theo whispered under his breath. His body relaxed, not completely, but enough. When Liam half-smiled, Theo's eyes grew a little wider. He didn't realize Liam could hear him because of the drug in his system. Surprised, Theo quickly returned the half smile to Liam. The crowd around them echoing the motto that the voice had said a minute ago.

"Theodore Karl Raeken," he could hear someone, the man, announce. It felt weird because he was rarely ever referred to by his full name. Only by Theo.

"You were accused of betraying your friends–" the person spoke again, "I mean, if we could even call them that," a small pause, "by manipulating them into letting you in their little group," 'pack' Theo corrected in his mind, "and then killing your childhood friend, Scott McCall. Is this true?" The voice echoed in Theo's ear making him wince.

"Yes." Theo finally said, answering his question.

"How did you plan on doing it?  What was the plan?"

While Theo did kill Scott, it wasn't his original plan. He wanted Liam to do it because he wanted Scott's alpha powers. He wanted to be an alpha himself. But he could only become an alpha if Liam was the one who killed Scott. With Scott being a True Alpha only the True Alpha's beta. In this case, Liam, could take away his powers. Theo wanted to physically resist the serum, and he must have, because the voice comes back.

"Theo, don't resist the serum. It will only make it worse." Theo could feel the injection site, like pins and needles. Like how your foot falls asleep when you've been in one position for a long time. His throat started itching.  After a small groan, Theo cleared his throat, which of course didn't help at all, and started talking again. Of course, the itch immediately went away.

"I was planning on making Scotts beta," Theo quickly glanced at liam then away again, "do it. It was the only way that the alpha powers would be passed along. Then I was going to k-" He Couldn't make himself say that word. A stabbing pain shot through his chest like a knife had stabbed his—Tara's—heart, he hated himself for what he planned on doing. "receive the alpha powers." Theo corrected himself.