𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐦𝐨𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫 𝐰𝐨𝐮𝐥𝐝 𝐛𝐞 𝐩𝐫𝐨𝐮𝐝.

The 16th of June came as quick as a snap of two fingers. The endless studying and all nighters, the bailing of party's to study the quadratic formula. The dragging school days filled with exams throughout May, but today it ended. With a psychology exam of course.

Arabella woke up at half 4 that morning to do some last minute psychology revision, even though psychology was definitely not a subject Bella had to worry about. Her sister Lexi was in the year above so her a-levels were next year but she was a good tool in helping Arabella revise.

"How long have you been sat there?" Lexi said as she appeared in the door frame of the kitchen, eating an apple.
"Since half four, hey what was Carol Dweck's theory again?" Arabella said as she flipped through multiple flashcards.

"She introduced the idea of fixed and growth mindsets, and hurry up its half 7." Lexi said as she took herself to the porch to grab her bag.
"Oh yeah Dwecky." Arabella said as she packed away and followed her sister to the door.

The warm weather of June hung over Ackley, tormenting everyone with the torturing English summer weather. Lexi was drinking her red bull whilst listening to Bella recite all of the symptoms of depression, according to psychology edexcel.

Arabella was snapped out of her daydreams by Cory Wilson slinging his arm over Lexi. She could've sworn Lexi was figuring things out with Jordan.

"Ready for your final exam Bell?" Cory said as he lit up a cigarette.
"Yeah thank god, I can't wait to have a 3 month summer." Arabella said as she distanced herself to avoid inhaling the smoke.

"You applied to the sixth form yet?" Lexi said to her sister as she took Cory's fag.
"Erm, no not yet." Bella said, avoiding the subject.

Cory and Lexi ignored Arabella's clear uncomfortableness to the subject and continued to walk to school. The three waffling about the after party for GCSE's tonight that Jordan is throwing.

The small group soon found themselves in the middle of the quad, blazer-less stressed year elevens revising on tables for Psychology or French, depending on what exam their sitting. Arabella was maximising her time and flipping through flashcards until a tall boy slinged his arm over her shoulder.

"Last day of exams Bell," Riz said as he snatched her flashcards.
"Give me them back." Arabella said as she tried to take her flashcards, held above Riz's head.

"Come on, your exam starts in 10." Riz said walking away towards the door which sits in-front of the exam hall.
"Oh really I didn't know, thanks for enlightening me." Arabella sarcastically said as she followed him to the door.

Riz laughed at Arabella's ability to maintain her witty self at 8 am, even after the all nighter she's pulled all week. Psychology students were being scanned outside the exam hall which meant Arabella's exam was about to start. Riz gave her a delicate kiss on her head before leaving her outside the hall.

Arabella was scanned down and made her way into the hall, finding her table with a Psychology paper 2 and a slip of paper which read out "Arabella Rose.". She sat down and listened to the same invigilator speech before the clock finally began to tick.

"Is Bell coming to the party later Riz?" Cory said as they walked out of English to go to break.
"I think so, she needs a break so I'll make her come." Riz said as he shoved some year 9.

"Dirty." Cory said as he gave Riz a smug look, earning a well deserved shove off of Riz.

The two pals sat down with their rugby team, discussing how to impress the scout who's coming to the school next week. Riz was actively checking his watch, patiently waiting for 10:10.

Tick, Tick, Tick.

Arabella smiled to herself as she finished up her Psychology exam. Quickly scanning her paper, checking for any mistakes in the paper. The countdown to the last exam finally ended. The exam clock in red letters flashed '10:10.'. Invigilators collected the papers and dismissed each row.

Tick, Tick, Tick.

Riz's watch showed '10:10.' He grabbed his bag and left his table without warning, making his way for the examination hall. He passed some of Arabella's former psychology classmates before he finally arrived outside the exam hall. His eyes landed on Arabella talking to her psychology teacher outside the hall.

Riz decided to let Bella finish her conversation, scrolling through instagram until Arabella ran up to him and gave him a huge hug.

"There she is, how was your exam?" Riz said as he kissed her head, sliding his phone back into his pocket.
"It was so good, I genuinely think I could get that grade 7." Arabella said as she linked arms with Riz, walking to the canteen.

"So how was this whole exam season, regret calling me a low life last year when I was sitting the exams?" Riz laughed as he pulled Arabella closer to him.
"No, your still a low life." She smiled as she threw her flashcards in the bin she passed.

Riz shoved the small joke off his shoulders as the two found themselves in the canteen, Arabella grabbed a cookie and a tropicana as Riz took her bag and got the two a table.

"So, are you proud of me or what." Bella said as she sat down, the cookie half eaten.
"Of course I am, don't be stupid Bell." Riz laughed as he took her drink to sky it.

Arabella snatched her drink back, drinking it all before Riz could take it again.

"You know who else would be proud?" Riz said as he leaned back into his chair.
"Who?" Arabella said confused.

"Your mother would be proud."

authors note- i ❤️ arabella and riz