Chapter One: Breathe.

Y/N LARMINE:

This is it. The new year, My 7 th year at Hogwarts, I try to forget last year's events, so I take a deep breath... in and out. Not everything will be the same, but with some hope, maybe it shall be bearable. The first part is the train ride, The Greengrass twins, Astoria and Daphne, will meet me, and so will Pansy Parkinson so they judgement won't be too bad as no one knows but it'll kill me to try not to say anything but I can't for my own good. They're my best friends but it's also weird, something about this all feels weird maybe it's just the new year getting to me but I don't know what to expect maybe it is just a guilty conscious, I keep myself walking with my mother beside me as we get to Platform 9¾. I know she feels weird about it all too I can see it in her tired eyes and her fake smile she puts on whenever someone looks in her direction but in the corner of my eyes I can see that drowsy look on her face and I cannot blame her.

The step onto the train made my heart fall into a pit it's weird being back here as last year as normal I wish I could forget the information I found out over the holidays but suddenly Pansy rips me out of my thoughts, hugging me while Daphne and Astoria catch up as we reunite the world feels better as if the colour had returned back to a lifeless body, I finally breathe again they make everything seem right even in times like this where I pray I don't have a moment of weakness. I can't risk it even when I know they mean well I have learned no one is to be trusted not even the ones who make your world bright because the match always blows out sooner or later. We walk to our compartment, the one we sit in every year. The one with our names carved into the roof because we had a few drinks the night before at a sleepover, we sit in our seats and catch up, I stay quiet until Pansy.

"Y/n what did you do on the holidays you barely sent any letters?" She looks at me with a curious look

My mind wanders, what do I say.

"I went to visit my grandparents for the most of it" I lie right to their faces

Gladly they continue the conversation slowly changing the subject and we all join in on the conversation until the train comes to a halt, we stand up grabbing our bags and walking to spot where the carriages pulled by thestrals brought our year to the castle as we get to the gate I take a deep breath looking around before something caught my eye, I got a glimpse. I look back at where I saw it but it was gone. I had sworn I'd seen a dark mark but its gone, I look at people's faces. I see one boy smirking at me, well not much not smirking but of an evil half smile but a bit further where I believe I saw the dark mark, there's another boy not smiling just staring, I feel goosebumps grow up my back. We drop our luggage and walk inside the castle as Pansy yaps about how this year will suck since Draco still exists but I know she likes him, she didn't tell anyone else except me, I laughed to myself and she nudged me to shut up.

I tried my very best to hold it in but I bursted out and then so did she, Astoria and Daphne caught on and laughed to so eventually we were just walking and laughing while every few steps bumping into each other then mcgonagall looks at us knowing what this year is going to be like. We try to hold our breath and our laughter. We walk into the Great Hall preparing ourselves for Dumbledores annual extended ear bleeding speech or at least that's what we call it, we take our seat at the Slytherin Table as I try to listen to peoples whispers, it was mainly just catch up conversations but then I see those two boys again walking in right beside each other. They looked very similar only a few features are different but there is this dark feeling I sense, I don't know but it feels off, one of the brothers sits directly next to me.

"Mason Riddle." He introduces himself, he was the one with the evil smirk. The one still glued to his face.

"Y/n Larmine" I introduce myself to try be polite which raised his smile more.

He then introduces his brother as Mattheo Riddle, I do a fake smile that I learnt from my mother she makes it seem so easy but I knew these boys were trouble. After the welcome ear bleeding speech and dinner I walk to my shared dorm with Daphne. Pansy and Astoria shared a dorm not far from ours only 3 doors down. I take a shower and get ready for bed and so does Daph but I still feel that weird feeling I hope tomorrow is okay, classes tomorrow and I am already stressing out. I'm not super smart but decent enough to know to trust my gut feeling. I stay awake sitting in bed staring at the roof I'm not trying to sleep I'm trying to escape my thoughts but there are overflowing everywhere racing around my head as the only light is coming from Daphnes nightlight as there's no windows in the Slytherin Dungeons, only cold.