Chapter 1

???: 'Why? Just why?'

This is the thought process that Izuku Midoriya, a Student of Class 1A, a Student of the Hero Course in U.A. High School, and the Ninth Wielder of One for All, a Quirk that was given to him by none other than All Might himself. Despite all this, he is at a standstill, not from a Villain attack, no, they already dealt with those far too many times for someone in their First Year. Izuku Midoriya is dealing with an ultimatium.

Go to the exit and pass the test when he has the chance to do so, or go and save Bakugo.

But the Hero in him is telling him to help Bakugo, that it's a Hero's duty to help others, no matter who they are. But the Deku in him is telling him, no. Why should he help someone who had no interest in cooperating? Had no interest in even listening to him? Always telling him that he is nothing more than a pebble? A pebble that needs to be crushed. Izuku was even given a reminder when he tried to plea with Bakugo, but was met with a punch to the face.

So, why? Why is he having a hard time to decide, when the answer is so simple?

Izuku: I.......I'm sorry......but I just can't.....I just can't anymore....

All his life Izuku was nothing but a useless Deku, and always will be. Ever since he was born, he was brought upon by so much pain and suffering, those who are weak willed won't handle such a burden and may possibly end it. But Izuku continues to push on, despite the struggles, despite the pain, despite everything that has happened to him. He still continued on and hoped a light would be there to save him, and it did.

But still, things didn't change, they still stayed the same as what happened all those years back in Middle School. He finally has a Quirk, All Might's Quirk, which was given to him and one he made his own. But it seems life will always be unfair to him, no matter what he does. The world will always be against him.

If you want a Quirk so badly, why don't you take a swan dive off the roof!

Bakugo's words, those very exact words that were said to him back in Middle School triggered in Izuku, making him feel a rage he has never felt before, sparks of lightning and fire erupt all around his body. Izuku himself did not notice the feeling due to the amount of emotions he has repressed inside of him. But whatever it is, it's telling him a decision he would either regret or give him an outlook of what he is truly delusional of.

That Bakugo was never his friend from the start and he should let go.

On the Arena that serves as the Main Area for the Final Exam, Bakugo can be seen on the ground. He suffered a huge punch from All Might that sent him flying to the Building, Bakugo ignored Izuku's pleas to not attack All Might head on, Bakugo wanted to show he can become the Number 1 Hero, Bakugo wanted to show he didn't need anyone's help, including Deku's. But in another timeline, in another story, Izuku saved Bakugo for making that foolish mistake, even if it caused a bruised cheek. But in another story, Izuku didn't do this.

IZUKU MIDORIYA HAS CROSSED THE GATE!!

Hearing the announcement from the speaker shocked All Might. The same can be said for those in Class 1A, those who know Izuku the most or understand his outlook when it comes to saving everyone, and Izuku is one to save everyone wherever he goes. But here, they saw Izuku commit one action they never expected him to do.

Izuku didn't save someone.

Unknown to them, an individual can be seen watching this whole interaction and noticed something occurring in Izuku's body during that whole ordeal.

???: It seems he's awakened his powers.

They left their spot, whoever was watching will have to make a report about this.