frozen hearts

i started to open the door to me and loki's bedroom. i was holding a basket of clean laundry. "darling! don't come in. im- i'm blue." loki yelled sheepishly.

i rolled my eyes. loki really hated his frost giant form but i, on the other hand, thought he looked. absolutely adorable. on hot summer nights, it was really helpful.

"'s alright sweetheart."

i looked through the crack in the door. he was frantically looking through his wardrobe for something big enough to fit his frost giant form. once a year in december, he has to spend the entire day in his frost giant form since his magic sometimes needs a break. like how humans need a vacation from work every now and then. 

he was still 6'4 but he was a very frozen blue. his eyes were a nice crimson red and he had light blue lines running across his face. i loved to trace all his scars and grooves. 

he threw on his very oversized black hoodie- specifically for this time of the year, "you can come in now."

i smiled softly and pushed the door open with the laundry basket and set it down on the floor, "guess we're canceling plans today, huh?"

loki guiltily nodded yes.

i hid a smile and threw my arms around him. i hugged him even tighter and buried my face into his chest. i bet loki was grinning, definitely enjoying the attention, as he put his arms around me.

i loved moments like these. when the chaos of life seemed to stop for a second.

we stood there for a few more moments before loki let go, "how about a movie? weren't we going to watch that one movie..ermm..?"

loki looked at me, hoping i remembered the name of the show.

i perked up, "oh! crimson peak?"

loki hummed in remembrance, "yeah. that one."

"i mean, we have nothing else to do.." i said, looking up at him.

his eyes lit up and he grinned, "lots of quality time then."

i grinned back and led him to the living room where we would watch the movie.