- Whispers in Our Hearts -

“If you need me, just call my name out— ok?” Xiao whispers softly, accompanied by the sweet silence of the breeze. She could feel his breath as he leaned down, tightly holding onto her wrist. As if begging her not to go, as if latching himself onto her to prevent himself from leaving.
And his voice, oh his tone of voice.. He feared that if he spoke any louder, then all dangers might know of his absence from her. That they’d immediately target her the moment he’s not by her side.

His words catch her by surprise. Blushing furiously as if she wasn’t warm enough already from the close proximity.
“What-- if I called out your name, you'd be by my side then?” She adds, diverting the attention from her flushed cheeks. She couldn’t be more thankful of the ghastly shadows drawn upon them by the tree above, shielding them from the moon’s luminescent light.

‘Of course, but I won’t tell you that now.’ The boy could only think to himself as he gazed down upon her, hoping to see her eyes glow and brighten up his night as always..
The shadows upon them betraying him.

No words could be said. If Xiao stayed any longer, it may indicate he was hoping for something — longing for something, from her. So with bated breath, he let go of her wrist, bringing a hand to gently cup her cheek as he lowered his head, pressing his forehead unto hers.

She freezes, not wanting to move, not wanting to make him think she was uncomfortable. On the contrary, she longed for him to stay..

“Stay safe, Yuu.”
He takes a step back, facing her as he did. Waving her goodbye, only then did the shadow cast upon them move away. Her eyes widened subtly, seeing such a gentle smile on his face.

With Xiao turning around, Yuu shook her head as she held her arms out, hoping to reach him. Grasping at nothingness once the boy disappears into thin air.
She gasps, questioning why she had even decided to do that.

The words ‘I love you’ were left unsaid, and even if they didn’t want to admit it, even if they feared the other may not feel the same — they couldn't deny the butterflies that would consume them.
They couldn't deny longing for the others touch, wishing to caress their soft skin, and take in their ever so familiar scent.

They couldn't deny their desires to love..