Where it all began

As McSteamy wandered the halls of Seattle Grace Mercy West waiting for an OR to become available for his facial reconstruction on a recent burn victim, for the first time since he and McDreamy both confessed their feelings for Callie, his mind was a blank.

This was a good thing, he thought that way he could be focused of Maddie and Maddie only. Maddie was caught the a house fire three months ago and had come out with severe burns over her face and arms. She had been staying in the burn unit since the fire and today was the day that she was getting a new face. A new Identity.

McSteamy wished he could get a new identity. He had just got his best friend back after the whole Addison situation had occurred and he wasn't about the loose McDreamy again.

However, when he saw both McDreamy and Callie laughing in the prep area he could feel jealous. Jealousy is a green eyed monster and McSteamy was about to become the Hulk. He held it in though. For Maddie, he thought today is about solving her problems i can't worry about my issues right now. It's not fair.

And with that Mcsteamy ignored his jealousy, ignored McDreamy, ignored Callie, put his scrub cap on and went into the scrub room.

He would worry about them later. Today he changed and saved a life.