The big break

Tichina pov

Since Tisha went away, everything has changed. For now Babydoll has her spot in the group.
Tracy, our acting agent, has been attempting to contact her almost everyday. She had heard about this upcoming film called Little Shop of Horrors. Me and one of my friends Michelle Weeks had already auditioned; we're simply just waiting for a callback.

And to make matters worse, Akrice and Lapetra are considering quitting Shades of Love. They expressed that they no longer want to make music anymore. If they do leave Babydoll might become a permanent member. She always had a powerful voice. I always hoped that me, Tisha, and babydoll would sing together.

The baby of the family Tiara would beg me to join, but I don't think she's ready.

"Tichina, Tracy is here!" Jermaine yelled.

I head downstairs to see what Tracy wants.

"Tichina, thank god you're here", Tracy cried out.

I asked, "Why, what's the problem?".

"I need you and your mom to try to convince Tisha to try out for Little Shop of Horrors"

"You will not give up until she says yes huh", I smirked.

"Tichina you don't understand she might regret this for the rest of her life".

"Fine, I'll see what I can do".

"All right, see you later"

I can hear Tisha now. Cursing me out on the phone.

There would be days when me and Tisha would go to auditions and we would see another teenage actor there. I think her name was Irene Cara or Aileen Cara. We knew she was going to get the part, so we would always end up leaving the auditions early. That's probably why Ti gave up.

I get on the phone and give Ti a call.

"Hello", Ti murmured.

"Man look Ti, Tracy wants you to come back down here and do this audition".

"Tichina, I believed we had already discussed this and that matter was resolved".

"Ti just do the damn audition; Tracy won't stop until you say yes", I yelled.

"And Jesus said you may drop that mother fuckin active down a notch. Since she wants me to do it so badly I'll do it".

I was astonished and replied, "Wait, are you for real?"

"Oh my mf gosh yes and I'm only doing this so you guys can stop begging".

"Fantastic, I'll notify Tracy immediately". I exclaimed.

Well that was easy.

The next day Mom went to pick up Tisha from the airport and brought her to the audition. After we learned that Tisha, Michelle, and I would be singing as the Greek Chorus or the urchins in the movie. And check this out: we'll be backing up Levi Stubbs of the Four Tops.

David Geffen, the producer, told us that the film would be shot in London because the cost of filming there was cheaper. The girls and I would have to stay there for eight months. The movie should be released on December 19th.|