Lost ☁️

Fluff -☁️- , Angst -🌟- , Modern -♦-

AN: A friend gave me the idea for this, so thank them.

————————————————

Aether looked over at Xiao, a bit worried for how he’ll do at the Lantern Rite festival. “You sure you can handle it?” Aether asked, taking Xiao’s hand in his own. “I will be fine, Traveler.” Xiao replied, zoning out a bit. In actuality; Xiao has a hard time with crowds and many people, but he wanted to join Aether for Lantern Rite.

As they arrived in Liyue harbor, Xiao already felt his stomach closing in on itself and his lungs were heavy. Aether softly squeezed Xiao’s hand and smiled warmly at him. Like a way to say ‘It will be okay.’

Xiao was basically next to Aether the entire event. Aether was talking to Keqing and Ganyu, due to the enormous crowds during Lantern Rite; Xiao got pushed away from Aether. Watching the harbor from afar, like he usually did during this time of year, Xiao didn’t realize how big the crowd really was. But actually being in it was suffocating. His breathing got heavy and his mind starting racing, getting foggy. He desperately wanted to return to Aether’s side.

“Hey, Traveler, wasn’t Adeptus Xiao with you just now?” Ganyu asked, a bit of worry in her voice, knowing how much he despised crowds. Aether’s eyes widened as he looked around himself for Xiao. “Sorry, I have to go.” He said, his voice a bit shaky. Aether ran off into the crowd, searching for Xiao to no avail. He could barely see anything throughout the large mess of people. Until.. he saw a silhouette that looked familiar, raven hair, the Nuo mask...

Aether ran up behind Xiao, hugging him tightly. Xiao whipped around, suddenly feeling a sense of relief at the sight of Aether. He usually doesn’t like physical touch, but.. he hugged Aether as tightly as he could for some reason. His breathing gradually slowed down and the sounds of the crowd floated out of his mind, the only thing he could hear was Aether’s soft voice and heartbeat.

“I’m sorry for leaving you alone, are you okay?”