Introductions

Olivia's POV:

3 weeks. It's been 3 weeks since Bucky and I arrived at the compound. The rest of the guys here have been in and out on missions since I got here, so haven't had a chance to meet anyone.

Bucky left a few days after we arrived. Tony flew him to Wakanda, in hopes they could reprogram him...make sure that what HYDRA did could be undone. It's been lonely without him. The only person I really know here besides Tony, is Steve.

Tony has been very kind and welcoming. I think he takes pity on me, and is trying to spend time with me so I don't feel so alone. Taking me to lunches, letting me come down and hangout with him in his lab while he works.

The nights are the worst, though. Tony and Pepper head to their private wing, and I'm....alone. Bucky made sure I had his cologne, his sweats, whatever I needed in those times where I missed him. He hasn't been able to call. I know he's busy...I just...miss him.

I head downstairs for lunch, forcing myself out of my room. It's a gorgeous suite. It has everything I really could need. But, I can only binge watch Schitts creek so many times before I need some human interaction. Tony is in the kitchen when I enter.

Tony: "So, you settling in ok, kid?"

Olivia: "well...I mean aside from the CRUSHING loneliness...sure."

Tony laughs, "ouch. Ok thanks" he replies

Olivia: "oh god! No! I'm so sorry. I've loved spending time with you and Pepper, Tony. I just....i miss him."

Tony: "I know, liv. But hey...bright side. The whole team will be back today. They are not usually gone this much. It's going to settle down for a bit so you'll have some company around here."

Olivia: "that'll be great!"

Tony: "you say that now...you haven't met them all yet"

I can't help but laugh as Tony lets out an annoyed sigh.

Tony: "hey, I have an idea. We'll have a party tonight. You can meet everyone. Steve you already know so, I can have him introduce around."

Olivia: "that sounds really...nice, Tony. Thank you" I reply, giving him a warm smile.

Tony: "it's settled then, I'll set it up."

After I eat, I head back up to my room, throw on Pretty in Pink for the 90th time, curl up with Bucky's pillow, taking in his scent until I drift off for a nap.

Steve's POV:

Natasha: "so, what is she like?"

Clint: "yea, we haven't really talked to her"

Steve: "You guys will like her, I promise."

Natasha: "I've only seen her in passing through the compound. She's pretty"

Scott: "well she's dating the winter soldier, she has to be a little nuts...no offense Steve."

Steve: "Guys stop." I laugh. "She's gonna fit right in with you bunch of crazies, ok?"

I can't help but feel guilty. We have been gone so much lately. Mission after mission. Coming back to the compound just to sleep, and back out again the next day. We haven't been able to give Olivia the warm welcome we normally would. This last mission took us away for a week. I'm sure she's going stir crazy with just Tony and Pepper.

We are finally heading home, and I'm just hoping it keeps us there for awhile. I know she's got to be lonely, I know she's missing Bucky. I promised him I would look after her while he's gone. But that's hard to do when you're not there.