It's You

She took the university by storm.

A foreign girl who spoke Korean damn near flawlessly. She was trilingual, in fact, speaking her native English as well as French, too. She was studying music composition and production and, according to the music professors, was one of the most talented of her class. She was an extrovert who was immediately accepted and fawned over by the popular crowd. And she was beautiful. She had long strawberry blonde hair that fell down her back in waves, and blue eyes so deep that they resembled sapphires.

She was so beautiful in fact, that Yoongi thought Mckinlie Anderson might be the most beautiful girl he'd ever seen.

In contrast, Min Yoongi was a quiet introvert who only spoke one language, and thought he might be the most plain looking and boring person on earth. He was a loner, but not by choice. Sure, he enjoyed his "me time", but he'd have liked to have had friends. No one noticed him, however, and he spent his time concentrating on the same subjects Mckinlie studied. At least he was able to dedicate all he could to his music.

Studying the same subjects, however, meant that they were in many of the same classes. And Yoongi didn't mind. It gave him a chance to admire her from afar. And he did admire her. She seemed personable and sweet on top of all of her other impressive traits.

She seemed to have learned everyone's names in the music program, and made it a point to say hello to everyone every once in a while. And that included Yoongi, who was so shy that he'd never actually spoken back to her. "Hi, Yoongi!" she'd say with a bright smile. "Beautiful day today, huh?" and he'd respond with a small smile and nod. It seemed to appease her, though. "See you around," she'd say, never pushing him to respond further.

Despite his deep fear of opening his mouth and saying something stupid, he lived for the times she'd address him. Just hearing her tinkling voice say his name made him weak in the knees. He found himself daydreaming about her often, imagining what it must be like to be her friend.

And, he imagined what it must be like to be Kim Junho. Junho was the most popular boy in school, and very close with Mckinlie. Yoongi was surprised they weren't dating, seeing as how close they seemed to be. He figured they would eventually, once Junho came to his senses and stopped being so obviously desperate to have her. With the way she seemed to be, Mckinlie wasn't impressed by desperation. But if Junho could reign himself in, Yoongi was willing to bet Mckinlie would give him a chance.

And despite how desperate it was of himself, Yoongi was jealous. He wished he had the nerve to approach her, let alone talk to her. But Yoongi wasn't popular. Yoongi wasn't even on the unpopular kids' radar. And so he spent his time admiring her from afar, lost in wondering about what it must be like to be able to not make a fool out of himself in front of her.

-

"Hi, Yoongi!"

Yoongi looked up from his textbook. It was one of the glorious days where she addressed him. He smiled shyly.

"Are you having a good day?" she asked.

And Yoongi, shockingly, decided that today would be the day that he spoke.

"I-It's alright."

Yoongi silently cursed at himself for stuttering, but Mckinlie seemed to be too shocked that he'd actually replied to have noticed.

A bright, beautiful grin spread across her face. "So you can speak!" she teased. "I'm glad to finally hear your voice!"

Yoongi blushed. "I-I'm sorry I've never spoken before."

He decided to ignore the fact that he'd stuttered again as he internally celebrated for having the nerve to say something else, even if it was a bit self-deprecating. Mckinlie smiled again.