Prologue

Satoru had seen the explosion all the way from Tokyo. He had expected nothing less since she'd fought her entire clan.

The Marzanna clan, a Russian clan containing some of the most powerful jujutsu sorcerers. The same clan that came to Japan to take their daughter from them after learning she possessed the same power as Rya Ryomen.

When he arrived, he barely recognized the woods that Yaga made them train together in before they mastered their cursed techniques. The only thing left was the smell of ash and blood wafting through the air.

As he walked further into the destroyed forest the bodies of the clan members he hadn't seen since their wedding littered the ground. Right as he passed her father he saw her favorite cousin, Valentin Marzanna. Valentin had been the only one of her relatives he remembered vividly.

He stared at him a moment longer, noticing stitches on his forehead where some of his bangs had been pushed back. He went to lean in closer before he heard haggard breathing.

He turned and that's when he saw her.

Illia Marzanna Gojo.

His wife, his love, his Illia, lying bloody and broken in the middle of all the carnage she had caused.

Satoru's mind was reeling, panic coursing through his veins as he went to her, kneeling in the dirt next to her.

Her body was cold and limp. Her chest was barely rising with each ragged breath. She smiled slightly when she noticed him, blood still dripping from her mouth and nose.

"Satoru."

He exhaled a shudder, brushing back her ink black curls that were caked in blood and dirt. "Illia, I need you to use my reverse cursed technique."

She smiled at him once more as if she wasn't dying. "I'm all burned-out Toru." She put her hand over his, her wedding ring glinting in the sunlight. "They can't hurt Mars anymore... she's safe."

"She still needs you." I need you, Satoru thought. "I can't deal with a teenage girl all on my own."

She tried to laugh but ended up coughing, more blood coming out. Satoru gathered her up in his arms, pulling her close with his palm resting over her heart.

He shook his head, tears completely blurring his vision. "This can't be the end, Illia... we're the strongest."

"We are both here right now because we're the strongest. The world has always been against us." She smiled at him once more. "Besides, at least now you don't have to be shackled to me anymore."

The memory comes to him as though it were yesterday. How during one of the few times he'd allowed himself to be vulnerable enough to drink when he was younger, he had complained about being arranged to marry her. She had never let him live it down since even though he had been young and stupid when he said it.

For a moment he laughed, forgetting where they were, forgetting the fact she was bleeding out in his arms. For a moment there was just her smile, the glint in her red eyes that showed a hint of love.

"I never minded being shackled to you, Illia." He looks up at the sun setting off in the distance. "I... I lo-" He knows, he knows without having to look down at her to know she's gone.

He looks down at her lifeless eyes, carefully laying her on her back. Tears drop onto her skin as he gently wipes the blood off of her face. His lips curled back in a snarl as he cried, muffling his sobs as he gently pressed his lips to her cold ones.

"I'm sorry." He whispered against her lips before leaning back and gently brushing her eyes close. He lifted her hand carefully before slipping off her wedding ring, putting it in his pocket.

⃟⃟⃟⃟⃟⃟⃟⃟⃟⃟⃟⃟⃟⃟⃟⃟⃟⃟⃟⃟⃟⃟⃟⃟⃟⃟⃟⃟⃟⃟⃟⃟⃟⃟⃟⃟⃟⃟⃟⃟⃟⃟⃟⃟⃟⃟⃟⃟

"You're late, Satoru." Suguru muttered, breathlessly, sliding down to the ground, tossing him Yuta's student ID. "To think you'd be the one here at my end. Where is Illia?" Blood runned down the side of his face as he smirked at Satoru.

"She's gone, they killed her." Satoru's voice was void of emotion as he lowered himself to Suguru's eye level. "She thought that you would change... that you would come back to us."

Suguru's smirk falls, and he turns his gaze away from Satoru.

Do you ever think about what would have happened if you'd stayed with us? She'd asked him that morning. A slight smile takes over his face as he recalls his years spent with them. The years filled with so much laughter and happiness.

"Do you have any last words?"

"No matter what anyone says, I hate those monkeys. But I never held any hatred for those in Jujutsu High. I just couldn't wear a heartfelt smile in this world." He takes his bloodied hand off his shoulder, taking off the ring he still wore even after ten years, the same one that matched Satoru and Illias.

"Suguru..." Satoru mutters, looking at the ring that Suguru holds out to him.

He takes the ring, blood covering his hands. He looks up at him and whispers to him the answer to a question he'd asked him the night before he left all those years ago.

Suguru's eyes widen before he chuckles. "Well, at least hit me with some curses at my end."

⃟⃟⃟⃟⃟⃟⃟⃟⃟⃟⃟⃟⃟⃟⃟⃟⃟⃟⃟⃟⃟⃟⃟⃟⃟⃟⃟⃟⃟⃟⃟⃟⃟⃟⃟⃟⃟⃟⃟⃟⃟⃟⃟⃟⃟⃟⃟⃟

"It's a bit late now. But you weren't at fault for the incident with Geto. He would've come to Jujutsu High whether you were there or not. He had a debt to settle with my wife."

Yuta looks at Gojo, seeing him wear a small smile. "You think so?"

Satoru reached into his pocket, handing something to him. "Also, here."

"Oh, my student ID. You found it for me, Sensei?"

Satoru looks away. "No, not me. My best friend. The only one I had."

"Dad?"

Off in the distance they see Marlena standing off in the distance with Megumi close by her side, the snow around them blending in with her white curls.

As they neared the two, her red eyes that were the same as her mother's looked around, full of hope. Satoru stopped right in front of her, pulling her mother's ring out of his pocket and handing it to her.

Tears blurred her gaze as she raised her shaky hand to take the ring from her father. A sob wracked through her body, and she turned, needing to get away from her father who wasn't full of jokes and happiness anymore, needing to get away from the place where she could still feel her mother's presence lingering.

She collapsed on the stairs outside of Jujutsu High, bringing her knees up to her chest as she cried.

She didn't need to look up to see who had sat next to her, she knew the feeling of his cursed energy as well as her own.

"She died protecting me, Megumi. It's my fault."

"She told you herself she had unfinished business that didn't include you. Besides, anyone here would do the same to protect you."

Marlena looked up at him to see a slight blush on his cheeks. She smiled, leaning her head on his shoulder. "If you ever sacrifice yourself for me, I'll bring you back just to kill you myself."

Megumi laughed slightly, resting his head atop hers. "I would expect nothing less."

Marlena fidgeted with her mother's ring on her finger. "It's only going to get worse from now on."

"I know."

A/N: Can't believe that I'm finally posting this! Some characters are aged up. Gojo, Geto, Illia, and Shoko were all born in 1986. Mei and Utahites were born in 1984 while Nanami and Haibara were born in 1987. As always comments and votes are always greatly appreciated <3