Indigo Promise (one-shot)

Author's note: I highly recommend listening to Indigo Promise - Kim Sejeong, as you read this

--

The hour had just ticked over 5:30 pm, and there was a beautiful orange glow shining against the living room walls from the beautiful sunset. Sejeong was sitting on the couch, her left hand slowly caressing the top of Hyoseop's head, who was lying on her lap with his eyes closed. The soft sounds coming from the TV acted as white noise, while the two enjoyed each other's company in a comfortable silence. By the corner of the room, Baul had been reluctantly sharing her bed with Doenjang, although it seemed the two had gotten comfortable with each other now, as Doenjang's snores didn't seem to scare the cat.

Sejeong looked out at the view from Hyoseop's apartment and released a contentful sigh, she wished she could capture this moment in a bottle and never let it go. For the first time in her life, she felt like she had everything she ever wanted, and she felt so happy, a part of her was scared it would end.

"What's wrong?"

"Oh?" she looked back at Hyoseop, who had opened his eyes, "nothing," she responded with a smile as she continued caressing his hair.

"I know you better than that, what's on your mind?"

She moved her hand from the top of his head to his forehead, slowly massaging his temples, "Have you ever been so happy that you're terrified?"

He paused for a second and nodded, "Yes, actually,"

"When was that?"

He grabbed her left hand and brought it to his lips, placing a soft kiss on the back of her palm, "When you agreed to be my girlfriend,"

Sejeong laughed and smacked his chest lightly using her free hand, "I'm being serious,"

"Ow, what was that for!" he teased, "So am I, that was probably the happiest moment of my entire life to date,"

"I highly doubt that," she rolled her eyes.

"I had been madly in love with you for over a year by then, I don't think it's that impossible to believe," he replied as he placed her left hand back on the top of his head, urging her to continue caressing it.

Little gestures like that made her heart swell, "But I would think that at that moment, all you could feel was joy, you know?"

He shook his head, "Not necessarily. The joy was there, but it was joy so overwhelming that you couldn't help but think about whether this was the last bit of joy you'd get for the rest of your life you know?"

"What do you mean?"

"It's like when people tell you to not jinx stuff. At that moment, I couldn't believe that you were in love with me too and that you agreed to go through life together, it made me wonder if I deserved it, and if it was all a dream. If it was, I didn't want to wake up."

She looked at him with a sad expression, "I wish you wouldn't think that of yourself, you deserve all the happiness in the world, oppa,"

He smirked, "I could say the same for you, I bet you were thinking the same thing a moment ago, weren't you?"

He was right, he knew her too well, "Guilty as charged," she smiled.

Hyoseop got up off her lap and sat next to her, swinging his arm around her shoulders to bring her close, "You know what I'm thinking right now?" she shook her head, "I'm thinking of running away with you,"

She burst out laughing "And why is that?"

"So that we could keep doing this forever, just you me," he paused, "my cat, and your dog who snores like a freight train. Seriously, how is Baul sleeping through that?"