Chapter 1: Curiosity

Back a few million years after the dawn of time, humans had co-existed with otherworldly spirits known as Yo-kai. These spirits had formed in many shapes and sizes. Many humans chose to exist in harmony among these ghosts, but others would capture them and abuse their power. Thus, over the course of a few centuries, Yo-kai slowly became invisible to the human eye. This process was made to avert chaos from the world, and it has stayed that way ever since.

However, many years later, in 3145 A.D,  one human became  curious about the tales of these extraterrestrial beings. He had been like this since he was 8, and has grown more curious about these stories for a long time. This feeling of intrigue led him to discover an eerie forest, hoping to find one.

After hours of wandering the forest, the human found a mysterious capsule machine. It looked grey and lifeless. Maybe it was because it came from the 2000s? Who knows? Luckily, the human had brought a few coins with him just in case. And the capsule machine was just as hungry for a coin as he was curious. So he put one in, turned the knob, and as you would expect, a capsule came out of the bottom. He grabbed the colourless ball, and tried to split it in half with a lot of force, before eventually opening it, as a blinding light rushed out of it.

A few seconds later, the light faded, as a creature was revealed. A spirit. A Yo-kai.

--- CHAPTER 1 END ---