Chapter 6

Herobrian moved to Cameron's side, offering to help with the plate. She agreed and as she handed the plate to him, their fingers brushed and she seemed to get a distant look in her eye, stumbling a little before she fell to the ground.

Herobrian caught her and gently carried her over to the couch, questions swarming his mind. Once she was settled on the couch, Herobrian wasted no time placing a hand to her temple and entering the vision she was seeing.

They were in a village, possibly the one he was in now, and it was on fire. There were mobs and people fighting with someone shouting in the town square.

"Zac!?" Someone shouted.

Looking around, Herobrian saw Cameron standing near the center of town, spinning around as she was searching for someone. But it didn't seem as if she was apart of the memory. There was confusion written on her face, like she had no idea where she was or what was happening.

On a hill just outside the village an archer stood with a bow raised and an arm pulled back, but there was nothing there. An arrow was flying towards Cameron but she didn't see it.

The world around began to grow black as he was being shut out. Before it faded he called out, "Cameron! Look out!"

When Herobrian opened his eyes, he looked around to see himself kneeling in front of Cameron, who appeared pale and clammy. Herobrian sat back on the chair behind him, hands surprisingly shaking.

Standing up Herobrian made his way outside to the porch and leaned against the railing, taking a deep breath. It was a cool day out and the Spring breeze helped Herobrian relax. Ahead of him was a forest, there was a garden to the right and a village to the left, noises of business echoing through the valley.

'She's definitely the Goddess.' Herobrian thought. It was silent for a moment before he said, "Are you going to keep staring at me or are we going talk?"

Zac shrugged off the door frame and walked stood next to him, looking out at the village. "Why are you here?"

"I had no intention of coming here yet." Herobrian said, standing up. "Your sister brought me."

Zac was silent for a moment. "The Prophecy wasn't supposed to start until she's 17. There's still 2 years."

"I know." Herobrian said. "Things will be happening sooner and it's my fault. I shouldn't have come as close as I did."

Zac sighed. "It's too late to change things so we'll just have to deal the cards we're given and hope things go the way they should."

Herobrian nodded and they stood there in silence for a moment. "She had her vision." He suddenly said.

"What was it?" Zac asked, suddenly very alert. But, to his dismay, Herobrian shook his head.

"I can't tell you or what happened may not happened and it could throw what had, did, and will happen off the rails."

Glumly, Zac nodded. "Where is she now?"

"On the couch," Herobrian said. "When I left she was still unconscious. That may have changed in the time I've been out here."

Zac nodded. "Thank you. And so you know, I trust you to protect her in the coming time."

"I will protect her with my life," Herobrian promised.

Zac nodded and went inside, leaving Herobrian with his thoughts once again

A/N:

Oh my gosh, this is finally here!

I am so sorry for the wait I've put you through, waiting for this update. I've been have a serious writers block and forgetting the, like, entire plot so back to the drawing board lol

I promise to try and update more often, just bear with me 🙏🏻

Thank you to everyone whose still here, reading this and I am again so sorry for the long wait

Word Count: 648

~GingerCat_05