Auditions

I wake up. Take a shower. Get dressed. Do my hair. Brush my teeth. The same as every morning. But today, today was different. My school's drama auditions.

Every year my school does a musical. This year we were doing the Addams Family the musical. I normally get an ensemble part. I'm used to it by now. Nothing much I can really do. I just enjoy being in the musical. Auditions are always nerve racking. I have to go on stage and sing a song while everyone watches? Who wouldn't be nervous. This year, my senior year, my last musical with this school... I smile to myself in the mirror.

I finish getting ready and head out the door. I have to get through the entirety of school first, before I can audition. I get in my car and drive to school. I walk into my first class and slump down into the chair.

As I'm leaving my last class, I catch up with a friend and walk with him to the auditorium. As I walk in, I look around. I see the music instructor, the director, and a lot of other people. As I'm looking, a friend comes up to me and drags me to go sit with her. For every audition, I glance up for everyone's audition. Clapping for everyone too.

But then. I hear it. I look up and see him. Matthew Patel. God how much I hate him. I grit my teeth. It was a mix of hatred and jealously. Hes a senior too, I've been doing drama with him since we were freshmen. But unlike me, he always gets a lead. Every. Single. Year. He doesn't even sound that good. I don't know why everyone loves his voice. He starts singing and I roll my eyes.

He FINALLY finished and I'm called up next. As I walk past him in the aisle he bumps into me and says, "Good luck", with a condisending tone. I sigh and walk onto stage. I get my song and start playing World Burn, from Mean Girls the musical. As I'm singing, I look around and lock eyes with Matthew Patel. He just staring at me and sitting alone, smiling... I look back at the director who simbles that I can stop now. I smile and stop singing.

I walk off the stage and walk over to my friends. Practically squealing. We're a jumbled mess of "Omg that was so good!" and "AAA you did amazing!!".

I go home. Tired. It was a Friday and the cast list should be up by Sunday. I spent the entire weekend pacing. I was nervous. Sunday morning. I wake up and hear a Ding! on my phone. I grab it and see its an email. From the director. About the cast list. I shrug and try to go back to bed. WAIT? ABOUT THE CAST LIST? I shoot up from my bed and grab my phone again. My fingers move at the speed of light to look at the email... But seem to move at 0.01 miles per hour to press on the email. I take a deep breath and press on the email. I quickly read past all the leads, to see what ensamble character I got.

I don't see my name..? Huh thats weird... I keep looking. Maybe I didn't get casted? I sigh and look to see who got the leads. As im skimming through, I see Matthew's name. He got Gomez, how nice, I sigh. Then I read who got Morticia. Me? Wait ME?! As in me, Y/N, I got Morticia?! I stare at the email in shock. My first lead role! I start smiling like a mad man and texting all my friends.

All my friends are texting me back and stuff when an Instagram notification pops up. matthew_patel started following me. Ew, why. I look at his account. Theator stuff, stuff about his dog, couple of stupid cringy selfies. I practially start laughing. I don't follow him back. Why would I? I go back to texting my friends.

It's 10 P.M. and I got to go to bed. I start to get ready for bed and think about tomorrow. The first rehersal. I get tucked into bed and start smiling like a mad man.

___________________________
so i know it was kinda short but like its an intro chapter. but yeah if you have any questions feel free to ask! thank you sm for reading,
samuel<3