Chapter 1: The Encounter in Darkness

Zoey Meyers gripped the steering wheel tightly as she navigated the winding mountain roads on her journey to see her mother in a distant country. The shadows grew longer, and the air turned cooler as the sun began its descent behind the towering peaks. The isolation of the mountain pass made Zoey uneasy, amplifying the solitude of her solo road trip.

In the fading light, disaster struck. The car shuddered, and Zoey's heart sank as the unmistakable thud of a flat tire echoed through the stillness. Panic set in as she fumbled for her phone, only to discover a dead battery. Stranded without a spare and no means of communication, Zoey felt the weight of vulnerability.

As she sat in the darkened car contemplating her options, a sudden knock on the window shattered the silence. Startled, she turned to find a man named Goe, his face barely visible in the dim light. Skepticism and fear mingled in her eyes as she cracked the window open.

GOE Need some help?

ZOEY (voice shaky) My tire's flat, and I can't call for help. I'm fine; you can go.

Undeterred, Goe attempted to open the door, his persistence escalating Zoey's fear. "Leave me alone!" she pleaded, locking the doors as Goe's actions became increasingly aggressive.

Frightened, Zoey rebuffed his advances, but the relief was short-lived. The sound of shattering glass was followed by darkness enveloping her.