Chapter 31: Past vs Present

Kai: Oh, this isn't good.

Past Wu: Why? We saved you and your sister.

(Kai ran his fingers through his hair stressfully.)

Kai: No, the Skeletons were supposed to get away with Nya. Ah. The only reason you convinced me to become a ninja in the first place was to get her back.

Past Wu: Oh, I see.

Zane: Sensei, no matter what, you need to convince Kai to go with you.

Jay: Why?

(Jay was still unaware of the problem.)

Anna: Because if Kai doesn't become a ninja, the world as we know it won't exist. The four of us will never unite. We'll never train Lloyd to become the Green Ninja. And Nya will never fall head-over-heels for Jay!!!. (After she detailly explains it Jay gets worried and shouts.)

Jay: (Gasps) NO MATTER WHAT, YOU NEED TO CONVINCE HIM TO GO WITH YOU!!  

Past Wu: Uh... (He signals them to hide.)

Past Kai: Thank you for your help. If it wasn't for your Twistitzu or your Tornadzu, my sister might have been taken.

Past Wu: Spinjitzu. Uh, come, we must train. You must become a ninja.

Past Kai: (Kai thought he was crazy but didn't want to be rude, after all, he just saved them.) Hahaha. Sorry, but I got a blacksmith shop to help get back on its feet, so I—.

Past Wu: No. You must come! It is very important that you become a ninja. Because, uh...we must harness the fire within you! (Wu couldn't find the right set of words.)

Past Nya: Hold on, Kai. Maybe there's a reason this man came into our lives. always said the world works in mysterious ways. I think it sounds kind of exciting.

Past Kai: Ha. Okay, if you wanna become a ninja, fine by me. But I'm only going 'cause you want to. got worried

Jay: Oh, great. He's going. We saved the future!

Zane: Not so fast. We still have to make sure he becomes a ninja in order for everything to get back on track.

(They nodded and The ninja follows as Wu guides the past Nya and Kai to the monastery.)

-

(At the Monastery, Nya has started training, but Kai isn't interested and all Wu's efforts are helpless.)

Past Wu: You must harness the fire deep within you, Kai.

Past Kai: (Gets hit by a punching bag) Ow! Ah. Yeah, yeah, yeah.

Kai: Oh, I'm worthless.

Anna: No doubt. (They look at her) What? I've been honest Plus it's like you don't even want to be a ninja.

Kai: Look, I told you: The only reason I became a ninja was to rescue my sister.

Zane: If Kai doesn't learn to be a ninja, our future will be destroyed.

Cole: Ugh. Even when Garmadon does something good, it's always evil! Sensei ain't cutting the mustard. Guess it's up to us to get things back on track.

Jay: I thought you said not to get involved. "Change anything, change everything."

Anna: But we've already changed a lot of things, Like talking to Wu, back at the blacksmith shop.