Chapter 1

In an era where industrial revolution is occuring, people had been living their life without knowing the existence of the unknown. But once they do, some fear them, others worships them. Even a handful explore these unknowns to uncover the truths so that those fear would ceased to exists.

Humans are to believe things with their own senses, otherwise they would never learned or made progress. Yet to do said progress, sacrifices are almost inevitable and it's because of these unknown dangers, they fear death by the unknown.

Yet there are those who pursue these unknowns to solve what could've been an unsolvable case.

.

.

.

.

.

"Clear the area!"

"Move behind the line!"

Crowds gathered around as people in uniforms are trying to control them. They're right in front of a two storey building, a fine hotel sign was displayed. Curtains blew out from one of the opened wide window and right below it on the ground, a dead body.

"Alright people, clear the way." A buff looking man in blue uniform came through the crowd

"Ah, Inspector Sanemi-sama. You've arrived." A young man in the same blue uniform greeted him

"What's the situation?" Sanemi briskly walk over to the body

"Hakuji Yamada, male 34, said to jumped from the second storey and pronounced dead on site. Witnesses are still testifying their account on this matter at the moment."

"Have you searched the room he fell from?"

"They are still investigating. So far, they find nothing suspicious to note of."

"Hmm......"

"What's the matter Sanemi?" Another man in blue uniform stepped into the crime scene

"G-Giyuu-sama? You're here as well." The young man seemed quite surprised

"You're quick. Finished eating that damn fish of yours?" Sanemi gave the man a glare

"I had my fill, thank you for asking." Giyuu took a few step closer to the body. "Seemed like a precarious situation we have here."

"He fell from second storey. What do you expect?"

"A white foam in the mouth? Normally when people fall they don't foam in the mouth." He looked at the young man. "Murata, make sure they check the room thoroughly. Leave no stone unturned."

"Right away sir!" Murata heads off

"What are you doing Giyuu?"

"This man might be poisoned before he fell, but why poison yourself if you were going to jump anyway?"

"Not all of us can know what the victim thought of at the time." Sanemi seemed to be a bit annoyed. "He probably fell after ingesting the poison and somehow fell out the window. There, case closed."

"Your theory is quite close to the actual event inspector."  A young fellow wearing a long cloak and a round hat came up to them

"What the? Oi, civilians are not allowed into the crime scene. Who didn't do their job huh?!"