one

Tweek and Craig were sitting together in the grass, looking up at the stars. It had been a while since they had been able to hang out, busy schedules and stuff. Tweek seemmed to be more calm than he would usually be, it was.. Silent. A good silence, though. At least that was what it had felt like. the moon was bright tonight, shining down on the two.

Tweek seems to notice a change in Craig's demeanor. Sensing something off, tweek encourages Craig to tell him if anything was bothering him, or if he was doing something wrong.

"Craig? Is something wrong? Are you alright?" he seemed worried and a bit anxious. Craig hesitated for a moment, and tweek's eyes clouded with worry.

then, Craig blurted out the last thing tweek had wanted to hear.

"Tweek, I don't think I'm ready for a committed relationship."

Tweek froze. His world seemed to stop.
What did he mean he wasn't ready for a relationship? They've been together for a few years.
"What changed? Did I do something wrong?" his heart beat quickly in his chest.

the moon seemed to cast a shadow now, it didn't seem as bright as it had moments before.

he looked down, struggling to find the words to explain his feelings.
"It's not that i don't love you, tweek. it's just... things have changed between us. i'm trying my best to make it work, but i feel like there's something missing. i don't know what to do. I'm sorry, tweek. I just can't handle a relationship right now.

Tweeks breath seemed caught up in his throat. He didn't know what to say. He felt as if the world had stopped, his breath shallow. his eyes clouded with tears.
"I love you."
Craig had no reply.

his voice cracked a bit at this, but he continued speaking.
"Please say it back. Just once more, I need to hear it."
he cried. he looked into Craig's eyes.
"please. I just want to hear you say you love me one last time, even if it's a lie."
"Just do this one thing for me."

"I do... i do love you, tweek. more than i've ever loved anyone else."
"I'm sorry."

"thank you."